The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXIX...

Start from the beginning

"I know, I know...Just please..." Munson, eyes pleading.

"If I can, I will." He nodded. "Just pwray Pwroton isn't too gunho and Swift isn't too self-sacwrificing."

"Thewre's still Putinsky..." she sighed. "Our ally..." sour look.

"We needed that kind of ally...You agwreed." Stern look back to her, Bwarry's eyes grim in the mask.

("Lets remember these suits are rented, people." Howard cautioned from his chair.

"Like your monocle?" Penny, dryly, from video camera.

"Nah, I bought that for him, along with Fritz Lang's riding crop, during 'Sheldonopolis'." Bernadette smiled.)

"I know... But we can't trust him."

"I don't." Bwarry shrugged. "But we'll deal with him latewr. Fiwrst, we get that ship safe, then we deal with Swift and Pwroton, then...We'll see about ouwr Wrussian allies."

"Even if we secure the cargo, the entire world will be after us, Bwarry."

"You and me, sis. Like it always should be. But they'll be thinking it over once we let them know we have it and could wrelease it. Who knows how devastating that could be. They'll deal...Owr else."

"We couldn't release it, Bwarry." Horrified look.

"No? Maybe not...But they don't know that. We'wre the cwrazy Wyckcliffes, capable of anything."

"Including murder." She eyed him.

"Cwruel necessity, sis. Of couwrse, wreleasing the cawrgo on the wowrld might solve the biggest enviwronmental pwroblem of all...Us." He smiled.

"That's not funny, Bwarry."

"Not meant to be, sis. What's funny is the wowrld believes I'm just in it for the dough." Cool smile. "No pwrinciples, no concewrns...So long as I get mine, the wowrld can go to hwell."

"We agreed that was best, Bwarry." Hard stare. "It got you access to the world's worst polluters and climate deniers and the worst offending governments and their science staffs."

"So it did...And I'd say I made damn good use of my contwacts. But putting a few aholes in jail and bwringing down a cowrrupt govewrnment owr two won't save the wowrld. This might." Nod. "So, we play for the stakes hewre, sis, and you'wre in owr out."

"You know I'm in, Bwarry. I always have been." Fond smile.

"That's my sis." He patted her hand as a red light lit up and a buzzer buzzed on his control panel. "Well, lets finish up, our comwrade hostess wants a wrepowrt."

"She's not crazy about this mission or us..." Munson noted.

"No...Nor her dear Putinsky eithewr. But I'm pwrepawred for that, too." Cool look.

("Hmmn..." Sheldon frowned. "Even I know that played more like a love scene."

"A little sibling kinkiness never hurts..." Howard noted to a worried Bernadette...

Isn't this a kiddie show?

"All this is gonna get us over 100 likes for sure. At last." Amy beamed to a troubled Penny.

Well, point there, Penny thought.)

...

"Can you do it, Proton?" Tom eyed Proton, Jr. in Swift's cabin.

"My detector wasn't designed for it initially...Its function being...Detection." Proton began.

"Well, if I can have a look..." Swift, whipping out slide rule and screwdriver.