"One.."

There's this darkness inside of me, Minho.

"Two.."

I hope you never have to see it.

"Three.."

The three of us began to scream in sync with one another until I found myself to be the last one standing, still going at it long after they'd finished. I eventually stopped myself and paced around the supply closet before kicking over a few broomsticks.

"Han, are you good? You sounded like you needed that more than we do.." Changbin asked, stepping back.

"Yeah, that sounded like it came from somewhere way deeper than what we're here about.." Seungmin trailed off.

"Fucking shut up! Can't you see I'm having a moment here?" I screamed at the two of them.

"Woah, woah, that was unnecessary-,"

"Don't tell me what's unnecessary, Seungmin! How about you tell me why you thought it'd be a good idea to tell me to my face that you think I'm Minho's bitch? Why you thought that I'd be delighted to hear that all you think of me is that I just follow him around like some helpless puppy dog? Riddle me that, seriously. I'd love to hear what explanation you could possibly have for why you thought that was in any way okay to say something so disrespectful and you've talked a lot of shit."

"Okay, that scream clearly unleashed something.." Changbin trailed off.

"Han, I-,"

"Oh God, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go off on you like that-,"

Seungmin cut me off, "No, don't apologize. I'm sorry for calling you Minho's bitch, I meant it as a joke but impact matters more than intent here."

"No, it was a joke. You didn't mean anything by it, I've just got some shit on my mind."

Changbin interrupted the two of us, "Is the assignment actually that easy? I'm sorry to break up your little pity party but I have to ask."

I frowned, "Do you want me to be honest?"

"Min, he thinks we're morons. I knew we shouldn't have asked him," Changbin sighed.

"No, no, that's not what I was saying," I said, reaching out and putting a hand on each of their shoulders. "Just because something is easier for someone else, doesn't make the person who doesn't understand any less than them."

"Yeah, but there's two of us and one of you. That's not fair," Changbin crossed his arms.

I let go of them and walked over to the closet door, opening it for them, "Look, the update sucks but it's still the same algorithm. Stop trying to look for ways to step out of the box, it's the same shit. Just apply your prior knowledge. He's not looking for something flashy, he's just asking you to do your jobs. If he had a vision, he'd have told you. Minho's much more transparent than you think."

"Minho? Transparent? Never use those words in the same sentence again, please, I'll get a hernia," Seungmin joked as both him and Changbin exited the room.

It's not hard to get someone to tell you what they want when you're wrapped around each other's fingers.

I followed behind them as we walked to their office, "The next time something like this happens, just ask him. And before one of you says some slick shit, he's not going to judge you for asking a damn question. That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard of in my fucking life."

"Yeah, it's easy for you to say that, Mr. M.IT grad, he respects you more than he respects Changbin and I combined," Seungmin spat at me, not looking back.