Chapter 88: SCP-2845

Start from the beginning

"You don't remember anything?" Morrison asked. "You... you just walked in here without saying anything."

"I did?" Dustin asked, to which the guard nodded. "Then... how didn't I remember it happening?"

"Are you fucking serious?" Ash asked.

"You really don't remember anything?" Ant asked. "Nothing at all?"

"It's all a blank, man..." the athlete responded. "I honestly can't remember."

"Oww..."

"It's gonna be okay, Drista... keep breathing..."

The four noticed that the tomboy was on the floor and leaning against the wall. She was clutching her left shoulder, which was wounded by one of the bullets from Ash's gun.

"What the hell happened to her?" the athlete asked.

"Ash thought that the humanoid we encountered here would be killed with bullets..." Ant explained. "I tried to get it away from her, because it would harm everyone else, so—"

"It's an accident, alright?" Ash interjected. "I didn't mean to pull the hammer on her, I was trying to aim at that humanoid thing!"

"Yeah?" the athlete looked at her, becoming hostile. "Well, you still did it."

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" the abrasive agent backed down. "I didn't mean to pull the trigger..."

"Sir, we still don't know the full extent of Dustin's abilities..." the guard spoke up. "Including what happened just now..."

"We'll figure this whole thing later when we get back... because we have other things to deal with." the strike leader said. "We have to leave, before things get worse..."

"Not yet." the athlete responded. "I'm not going anywhere until I find Rosenberg."

"Dustin, as much as you hate the site director, we don't have much time left..." the guard reasoned with the athlete. "For all we know, she might've escaped already."

"Yeah, well, I ain't leaving this site until I see her dead body..." the athlete replied, then walked to the door. "So unless you wanna actually help me, go ahead and leave."

With that, Dustin left the office, on his way to pursue the site director. The strike leader sighed, as he couldn't change the athlete's mind.

"Morrison, go after him." Ant commanded the defecting guard. "Make sure he's in one piece."

"Yes, sir." the guard nodded, then proceeded to leave the office to follow Dustin.

"I'm going too..." Ash spoke up.

"Ash, you've done enough damage as of date..." the strike leader advised. "You might make things worse for him."

"I'll make it up to him." Ash persisted. "Just wait for us."

"Fine..."

With that, the abrasive agent began to follow the guard to assist Dustin. The strike leader then walked to the last two inside the office, checking the tomboy's injury.

"Frederick, how's she holding up?" the strike leader asked.

"I'm trying to stop the bleeding as best as I could, Anthony..." Freddie answered. "It's going to get worse if we don't get actual medical attention."

"Alright, we'll regroup with the other team, one of them is a medic that can help us." the strike leader then activated his radio. "Max, where are you right now?"

"We're right by the archives room..." Max answered through the radio. "Ant, you better get here, we're under a lotta heat right now!"

"Alright, we'll be there ASAP." the strike leader then looked at the two, walking towards the door. "You know where the archives room is?"