✦ drunk words

"drunk words speak sober thoughts"
or something like that . u get the point

it was past three am when johnny's phone began chiming repeatedly. he was rolled up in bed, his blankets tangled with his legs and his hair messy. he let out a groan of annoyance as he hand slapped towards his bed side table, answering the call without checking the caller id.

"who is it?" he said. the voice that responded made him sit up straight, he could have sworn his ears were playing tricks on him.

"johnny?" the female voice questioned, "it's kenzie. i was scrolling through my instagram and saw a pic of you and was like damn he's hot,"

"what the f-,"

"johnny!" she squealed into his ear, "baaaaad word,"

he let out a chuckle at her and waited for her to speak again.

"johnny i'm really confused," she then sighed heavily. he heard her shuffling about and than landing heavily somewhere.

"about what love?" he asked softly. they had fought a couple of days before because he had been sending her mixed signals for months now. she had snapped and yelled at him and he hadn't been sleeping since. he felt awful since he knew he was in love with her but he was too much of a coward to actually tell her. obviously she wasn't about to sit around and let him confuse her.

"you," she stated and then sighed again. he heard her stand up and then let out a scream before a loud clatter echoed.

"kenzie?" he questioned, clutching the phone tightly in his hands, "kenz? are you alright?"

she let out a laugh and her hand reached out for her phone again. she slapped it on her ear and grinned.

"kenz?"

"johnny?" she mocked.

"what happened? why are you calling me? you have been ignoring me for days,"

"because i saw a picture of you and was like damn he's hot," she repeated.

then it clicked. johnny sat upright and pulled on a shirt. she was drunk. he knew how she was like when she was drunk.

"kenz, you're drunk." he hummed,"where are you?"

"where am i?" she asked.

"yeah,"

"i am where i am," she then said and let out a giggle at her own joke. he smiled, amused.

"i'm coming to get you. where are you baby?"

"uh,"

"do you know where you are?" johnny inquired, pushing the door to his apartment open and climbing down the stairs frantically with his car keys.

"well, i'm at a party. i think it's joey's party?" she said and then a loud screech emerged from her side, "what the— maisy! where are we? joey's party? yeah alright,"

he chuckled at her conversation with the girl and waited for her to speak to him, "yup! i'm at joeys party,"

"okay, i'm coming to get you alright? stay where you are okay?"

"i'm very drunk," she sang and he heard her walk somewhere.

"i know," he snorted.

"johnny, stop talking to me— i'm going to drink more! bye!"

"wait kenz—i— don't drink more—" he cut himself of with a groan when the line went dead.

thisisadividerogaebye

"kenz!" he exclaimed, finally spotting the girl in a black dress and heels. her make up was smudged and she looked dizzy. she was sitting alone outside with a red cup in her hand. she gazed at him and grinned happily.

"you found me,"

"i did," he laughed as he sat beside her. he peered into her cup and pulled it away from her, " i think you've had enough to drink love,"

"i think so too. i'm seeing stars,"

he tossed it into a garbage bag #nolittering and smiled at her.

"i'll bring you back yeah?to your house?"

her eyebrows furrowed and she jutted her bottom lip out. she crossed her arms and scowled at him.

"no let's go to your apartment,"

he shook his head and cupped her jaw with both his hands. he placed a kiss on her lips and then offered her his hand. she accepted it and the pair made their way to the car. he made sure she was sat alright in the passenger seat and fastened her seat belt.

"john?" she said softly when the car began to move.

"yeah?"

"remembered when i said you confuse me,"

"yeah," he said with a grin.

"i don't like it when you confuse me. you kiss me one minute and then you tell your friends im just a friend. and then you take me out on dates all the time but then when i ask you what we are you say we are just friends?"

he sighed and felt her glare at the side of his face. she was staring at him immensely, trying to figure him out but her drunk mind was no help.

"i'm sorry," he whispered, his voice hushed and low.

"what are we j?" she asked.

he remained silent. he knew they were not just friends but he couldn't trust her enough to be more than friends.

"i love you," she blurted out. his head snapped to hers and his eyes widened. her cheeks became a light pink and she let out a groan.

he turned back towards the road, his face a ghostly white.

"i...love...you," she repeated slowly and then cocked her head to the side slightly, "d-do you love me?"

yes i'm in love with you

"j?"

"i-i love you," he mumbled and shook his head awkwardly, "i-i'm sorry...i've known for a while how i felt about you but i never said anything because i-i just...i don't know. i don't want to get attached for you to just walk away....but i love you and it kills me everyday,"

"i won't leave you...," she whispered, "i would never leave you,"

"i'm sorry,"

"johnny," she said slowly, "can we just try this out...us?"

he exhaled shakily and looked at her through his peripheral vision.

"i-okay," he said and she let out a noise of contentment.

"i won't leave you, i'm too in love with you to do that,

adios amigos
hey hey you you i don't like ur gf
no way no way i think u need a new one