• love

"i can't love him jules!" kenzie exclaimed as she paced the room, "he is my best friend! i definitely can't love my best friend!"

"but what if he loves you back?" jules asked quietly as she watched the overthinking girl.

"unlikely!" kenzie scoffed as she flopped down next to jules and pouted, "why do i love him,"

in which, jules smiled knowingly and pulled her in for a hug, "because you guys are meant to be,"

"but he doesn't like me!" she exclaimed, "he couldn't love me!"

"how would you know?" jules asked, "he might love you,"

"no, he loves nadia," kenzie groaned, "there is no kenzie in their relationship and im definitely not destroying it for him,"

"he doesn't love nadia," jules retorted, unsure of what to say.

"he does!" kenzie whined, "you don't see him walking me to school everyday, you don't see him bringing me out on cute dates, it's all nadia!"

"why don't you talk to him?" jules suggested, "talk about you know.... your feelings,"

"absolutely not!" kenzie said jumping back to her feet, "i'd just embarrass my self and everything will be awkward,"

"then move on," jules said simply.

"i can't," kenzie complained, "if I see him everyday I just can't, so you know what we are going to do?"

"drive johnny of a cliff so you won't see him anymore?" jules asked. kenzie furrowed her brows.

"no? what?" she stammered, "we are going to move out of town!"

"i think driving johnny of a cliff is a better idea," jules mumbled.

"we aren't doing that," kenzie informed.

"you won't," she said, "i will,"

kenzie groaned, "what do I do?"

"well," jules trailed off, "you could move on?"

"you already said that," kenzie stated.

jules rolled her eyes, "come on, it's already late, we are already late for this stupid gathering thing at school,"

she stood up, tugging softly at kenzie's hands. the pair trooped out the front door as they enjoyed the nice stroll to their school.

"won't he be there?" kenzie asked.

"of course he will, the last time I checked he attended our school," jules said.

"do you think things will be awkward? oh god does he know i like-i mean love him? oh my god! did you give him information about me?" she rambled and then gasped dramatically, "you spy!"

"kenzie," jules breathed out, her eyes shining with amusement at her best friends anxiety, "I promise you, im not a spy,"

she grunted as her breathing calmed down and they entered the school building.

"just carry on like everything is normal," she said, "as far as he knows, it is,"

"but i don't," kenzie whined.

"come on, if you get to worried just ditch him and hang with me," jules said smiling.

"your a life saver, i love you," she said and then gave jules a tight squeeze. she giggled and hugged back, "your life saver,"

as soon as they entered the premises of the school, kenzie felt the air around her get hot. her breathing increased rapidly and slowed down in weird patterns. her body became tense at the idea of talking to johnny after she had just discovered her true feelings for him.