God, I must sound so stupid. He's going to think I'm an idiot. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck.

Mr. Lee looked around his desk until he found my file and began to examine it closely, "I have to say, even though you hit me with your car this morning, your resumé is the most impressive I've seen so far."

"You think so?" I asked him.

Ignoring me, Mr. Lee continued to read and then looked up at me, "You graduated from M.I.T?"

"Yeah, that's actually why I came to America," I said, nodding my head.

Mr. Lee closed my file and sat it back down on his desk, "So, what brings you to the Valley?"

"Working in the tech industry has been my dream since I was a kid," I looked up at him. He met my eyes and I continued, trying my best to not stumble over my words, "I've had this plan since I was a kid to start in Cambridge and then migrate to San Francisco when the time was right. I've been out here for a little while doing freelance work but this job would honestly get my foot in the door. I've been waiting for an opening."

"Believe me, I get it. Judging by your resumé, all that's left for you to do is catch your big break and you're in," Mr. Lee said, crossing his arms. "Let's say you do get this job. What's your work ethic like? What can you contribute?"

I thought to myself for a moment before speaking, "Do you want me to be honest?"

Mr. Lee looked taken aback by response but said, "I'm listening."

"I'm one of those pushovers that'll work voluntary overtime just to get something done because my brain doesn't let me stop once I start something. If you ask me to jump, I'll ask "How high?" That's my work ethic," I said, cracking my back and rolling my neck before continuing. "Sorry, I'm stiff. As for what I can contribute? That's up to you, not me."

Mr. Lee looked me up and down inquisitively for a moment before speaking, "You're hired, you start tomorrow at 9. I'll send you an Uber."

My jaw dropped, "Are you serious right now?"

"Yeah, I am," Mr. Lee said, standing up to shake my hand. "It was good to meet you, Jisung Han."

I stood up and shook his hand, "You can just call me Han."

"I'll see you tomorrow, Han," Mr. Lee said to me as I approached the door.

"See ya,' Mr. Lee!" I smiled at him, opening the door and shutting it behind me. I looked around and found Seungmin and Changbin talking amongst themselves against a wall around the corner. I approached them with a smile and said, "Guess what, guys."

"Wait, he's smiling," Changbin said to Seungmin, pointing a finger at me. "Why are you smiling?"

"I got the job!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands together in excitement.

Both Changbin and Seungmin stared at me in shock for a moment before the latter spoke up, "He hired you? Just like that?"

"I'm just as confused as you guys are, trust me," I sighed. "I rear-ended him on my way here too, hence why I had to run the rest of the way."

Changbin burst into laughter and Seungmin asked me, "You fucking rear-ended the guy and he didn't threaten you with his millions of lawyers?"

"I kind of abandoned my car before he got the chance...." I trailed off, causing Changbin to laugh even harder than he was.

"This is the funniest thing I've ever heard," Changbin said, trying to suppress his laughter but failing miserably.

Seungmin shook his head, "You're telling me that you not only rear-ended him, but you also abandoned your car with him to deal with and you still got the job?"

"Yeah, I guess I am," I shrugged with a shy smile. "I'm about to head out because I don't start until tomorrow but do you guys want my number? I don't have many friends out here, honestly. I only got here a little less than a year ago."

Seungmin and Changbin both handed their phones to me and I handed mine to them. We exchanged numbers and passed our phones back to one another.

"I'll see you around, Han," Seungmin said to me as I put my phone back in my bag.

"It was nice meeting you," Changbin said with a smile.

"It was nice meeting you guys, too!"