Chapter 28: Shopping With the Girls

Start from the beginning

Olivia gives her a confused look.

Camden looks up from her phone for three seconds- the longest since we've been here, and shoves it into her pocket after turning it off.

She sighs, blowing her long bangs out of her face with each of her even inhaled breaths.

We step through the angular doors of the Bridal Shoppe, which have been carved into the wall with windows on each side, and a bell rings, creating a wind chime sound. I smile.

I've always associated that sound with the Amity, and I've always loved the Amity.

It was one of my Aptitude Test results after all.

"Welcome! Welcome to The Dauntless Bridal Shoppe!" A woman with a messy bun of brunette hair, with a blonde streak by her left ear says, smiling.

As her cheeks curl back to complete the action, indention become visible on each side of her face.

Dimples.

Her freckled nose has a small, diamond piercing on the edge of her nostril. "I'm Carla!" She glows. "How may I help you?"
Her face becomes suddenly serious, sending a chill down my spine.

She was probably an Amity transfer, and she's still trying to adapt to the new environment here in Dauntless.

She wears a black crop top, black high waisted shorts, and some sort of a black high heel. A Flame tattoo is visible on her side.

"Um," I say. she stares at me, intently. "I would like a white, strapless, floor length wedding dress;" I pause for a breath, and she scribbles down what I just said onto a clipboard.

"I would also like three strapless red, knee length bridesmaid dresses, and one strapless black knee length maid of honor dress." I say.

She finishes scribbling that down, and hands it to another girl.

"Aha," she says, reading the paper. It looks like a receipt, but it's not. "Come here," says she, and Camden asks for her name.

"Lyndse!" She says happily. Her hair is long, to the bottom of her back to be exact, black, and dip-dyed turquoise about halfway through the length of her back.

She has it in a braid down her back. She wears the same clothes as Carla.

She wears a crop top, black of course, and black high-waisted shorts.

A tattoo of a Yin-Yang symbol is on her side, halfway visible, like Carla's as well, even though hers were flames.

"You can wait here, and I'll go and grab a few dresses for you to try on!" She cheers, before she disappears.

We sit in a white room, with a white ceiling, and black flooring. Red chairs line the outside edge of the room, equal in alignment.

Awkward silence fills the room, and I tap my foot. Sometimes, even the smallest bit of silence can just drive me to the point of pure insanity. I don't know why, but when it's quiet, I feel like people can tell that I'm different.

That I'm Divergent.

That I've committed so many wrong deeds in the span of my seventeen years on this planet, and now I'm trying to turn my life around.

I feel like the word "Divergent" has been tattooed across my large forehead.

About this time, after those seemingly endless moments of silence, Lyndse comes back with the dresses. "Try these!" She exclaims, a little too overjoyed.

>>

Two hours and about ninety dresses later, I am seriously questioning my sanity. I don't know how Carla and Lyndse can do this every single day for a flipping living.

I have finally settled on a plain, white, strapless dress.

It has some lace on the upper body of it, but once it makes it to the skirt, it's not lace anymore. It's just a fishnet kind of fabric.

The girls have all picked out their dresses. They look the same as mine, just knee length, one is black and the other three are red.

By the time I make it to the tattoo shop after going home to hide the dresses, Ty is on a break.

I see his back in the red light, and I walk up behind him. I wrap my arms around his thick, muscular torso, and his whole body tenses.

I then do something I never do, to try to make him think that I'm someone else. I grind my hips against his. It's a weird feeling, but it's... Indescribingly nice.

He turns, and sees me. "Trying new things are we?" He chuckles. "Yes," I say quietly. He laughs again, and presses his lips to mine with a small force, but yet still gentle.

I press back, my body feeling weightless. I soon have to pull back for air, and I lean my forehead to his, where our breaths may intermix. "I can't wait for you to be mine," he says, slowly. "Me neither," I grin.

We press our lips together again, and I slide my hands down his shoulders. He pulls away. "Let's leave. If Tori asks about closing up early, we did not. We just didn't have any business." He winks. I nod.

We lock up, then begin to walk through the Pit, back to one of our apartments. As we walk, I lay my head onto his shoulder, and he presses his soft, plump lips to my temple. I almost lose my footing.

It happens every time he kisses me. He always has that affect on me. That's how I knew he was the one. Actually, I just love him and know that I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with him.

This is how life's supposed to be.

•••

A/N: OMG guys!

I haven't published in like a month! I missed this!

You guys should be so proud of me because I had a hella ton of homework (Math, test corrections, science, reading, writing) and I still managed to write this whole chapter and publish it after editing it.

All on a freaking Monday.

So, know that I really care about this. 😑

I should be sleeping right now because I have a big band chair test tomorrow, but who cares. I'll be last chair anyway. 😉

Anyway, after posting this, I should get 5K on here pretty soon! I should also have 30K on Detergent soon.

These are the milestones, guys.

Also, I have a huge rant about Zayn leaving One Direction. I'll spare you guys of that though. Because I'm nice.

Anywho,

QOTC: what did you guys do over your Easter Weekend?

AOTC: I went camping in the mountains, because I'm swag like that. 😁😂

So, enjoy the rest of your week!