Chapter Nine: Rules, Choosing and other things

ابدأ من البداية

"Enjoy your breakfast." The chatter immediately started up again. I sighed and stood up.

"Not hungry?" Peter asked. I gave him a small smile.

"No, not really. I think I'm going to head to class early." I said, walking out the door, Aurum and Argentum following behind me.

"Ah, Ms. Arellano." I froze. I heard rumors of one of teachers in a wheelchair, the one who could read your mind faster than you could think, but I haven't seen him. Yet of course.

"I believe you know my name." I turned around, taking a deep breath. We didn't have telepaths where I was from—I had no idea how to protect myself against one. If I could do such a thing.

"Professor Xavier." I said stiffly. Athena's childern, Childern of the Big Three, and Mutants were in his class. Anyone with powers were in his class. Others were not.

"Correct Ms. Arellano. I wish to speak to you about you special ablity." I glanced down at Aurum and Argentum. He wasn't lying...but why would he lie to me?

"I assure you I'm not lying. I merely wish to talk." My first class was study hall...I was caught up on all of my work, and was even ahead in some classes.

"Well?" Professor Xavier asked. I nodded, sure that even if I wanted to decline, I would not be able to.

"Please. Lead the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Professor Xavier's classroom wasn't far from the cafeteria. It's probably place there so he didn't have to go far on his wheelchair. It was nice of the teachers to do that for him. Then again, it was probably his idea.

"Ms. Arellano, I assume you know which power I am speaking of?" I nodded and sat down, Aurum and Argentum by my side as always.

"Yes."

"It is my understanding that while you can empower, share your courage with others, and lend them your strength, you do not get this strength back?" I shook my head.

"No. I do not." Professor Xavier nodded.

"Is there any side affect of lending your strength?" I nodded. There was no point of hiding anything. He would find out anyway.

"I...get any negative emotions from whomever I lend my strength too. And Professor Xavier, I do not like using my power because--."

"Because you feel like you are controling them. I know." I sighed. It was a handy power, especially when leading someone into battle. However, I believe that people should find their own courage and strength, unless absolutely necessary.

"Ms. Arellano, there is a student of mine named Rouge. Her mutant power is...well, let's say that it's not an 'ideal' superpower. And yet, she trains hard and makes the best of her ability, using it whenever she can to help those around her. It is for that reason, I was wondering if you'd like to start coming to my class? I believe that with practice, you unique power may have less of a negitive effect on you." The bell rang and I stood. Had it been an hour already?

"I'm sure I can fit extra classes into my schedule." I said, heading for the door. Aurum and Argentum barely moved during the hour I spent with Professor Xavier, so I'm guessing he wasn't lying to me.

Unless he was using his powers on them...Would that work? Hm...I should look into it.

"There you are." I turned and smiled. I typically had study hall with Frank, and I was glad to see my friend.

"I was having a nice conversation with Professor Xavier. Why, did you need me?" Frank shook his head.

"I was just curious on where you went. Oh, and you don't have to call him Professor Xavier. You can call him Professor X. Everyone else does." I frowned.