part 57 ( last chapter)

Read the note at the end please 💜

************************

It was nighttime, Diya was sitting by the pool lost in her thoughts.

Diya's pov

Things have changed so much in the last 6 months. I have lost all my contact with mom dad and to be honest, I'm glad I did. They never loved me, for them I was just a toy whom they needed for their own selfish purposes. But still...it hurts...hurts that your own parents don't want you. Now I can understand what Karan must have gone through in past because of my parents, when he used to think his parents don't want him. Maybe that's what we call karma? Even I have done lots of bad things with the whole family and now even I have to pay for my deeds. I have done so many had things, still, this family accepted me with all my flaws. Karan and aarav have forgiven me but they still haven't forgotten all those things which I did. That day when Manik uncle punished my mom dad, at that day only he transferred all their properties in my name. He didn't take a single penny from that. Nandini aunty made sure I'm doing fine all along...they both asked all my friends to make me feel better...and what I did? Played with their trust, their emotions. I don't even know if I actually deserve this love and friendship. Will I be ever able to overcome this guilt?

Her thought process was broken by Varun who came and sat beside her, dipping his legs in water.

Varun- what's up?

Diya-(giving him small smile) nothing..

Varun- then why are you looking upset since morning?

Diya shockingly looked at him, she thought nobody noticed her.

Varun- what? I saw on dining table too today... what's the matter?

Diya-(looking down) nothing, I was just...umm..

Varun-(looking ahead) missing your parents? I can understand Diya, when Manik uncle was all sad with the fact that Karan and aarav is going away and when he and cabir become all possessive for mrudula and aradhya...you felt little bad right? You felt happy that they are getting love which they couldn't because of your parents but at the same time you was missing your parents too...haina?

Diya-(amusingly) how do you know all this? I mean...I...

Varun-(holding her hands) relax Diya, we all do make mistakes and it's okay. It's human nature. It's alright, what's not right is, us not learning anything from those mistakes.

Diya-(softly) then why can't you forgive your mother Varun? Even she learned from her mistakes... didn't she?

Varun in a jerk looked at her while diya continued.

Diya- I don't have my parents with me now Varun and I don't think so I'll ever get them back but you do have one... please don't loose them. Mukti aunty is trying really hard to get your's and abhi's uncle love and affection back, please don't ignore her and push her away. You will never know when it will be last time you will see her.

Diya's words hit varun like a thunderstorm. In his heart he already forgive mukti but there was some part of his who was still holding on to the past but now...maybe even that part wants to forgive his mother.

Varun-( getting up suddenly) I'll meet you in morning, need to complete a very important work.

Even Diya understood what he meant by this, so she gives him huge smile and showed him thumb's up signalling him all the best.

Varun-(suddenly stopping) Diya?

Diya-yeah?

Varun- you know right, we all loves you alot? Each one of us? Don't think about your past now...you did wrong things but now everything is fine. We all are good and let me tell you one thing, I saw manik uncle and nandini aunty talking with karan about you.