Part- 04

Raj(worriedly)- What happened Edward? My wife is fine right? You removed the clot na?

Doctor (softly)- I'm sorry Raj...clot is removed but there is a serious disease which we found in her body.

Karan( hurriedly)- what is it?

Doctor- Mrs. Malhotra has brain cancer, last stage. She has maximum a year left with her.

Manik- (angrily standing up) Whatttt??? Are you mad doctor?

Raj(sternly) - Manik! Behave.

Manik- but Dad....

Raj cuts him in the middle by showing his hand and turned towards the doctor- Edward I'm sorry on his behalf, but please do something. There must be some treatment to cure her right?

Edward- I'm sorry Raj, see there are many treatments but seeing her age, we can't perform chemotherapy on her. It will be a lot more painful for her plus there are just 5% chances that she will survive after chemo. I will suggest you not do that as that pain will be unbearable and she won't be able to go through even 2 chemo sessions. If it would have been the first or second stage, we would have saved her but now it's too late. I will suggest you to spend this one year fully with her, make her happy, fulfill all her wishes and if you wish, you can consult other doctors as well I won't mind.

Raj just nodded his head and got up while Manik was numb. Both father- son were not able to think straight. They just walked out from the doctor's cabin.

Manik(slowly)- what now Dad? Ab kya karein?

Raj- I don't know. Karan what do you think?

Raj asked Karan but not getting any response both turned towards him to see he was nowhere. Manik and Raj both looked at each other and muttered- shittt.

Both ran towards the exit to see if Karan went outside but they didn't find him. Manik stopped a random person and asked him if he has seen Karan by showing his picture in his mobile.

Person- Yes, just now he bumped in me. He walked towards that room.

He said showing him one particular empty room. Manik thanked him and ran towards that room with Raj. But what they saw made them stunned.
Karan was sitting holding his knees crying badly and shaking his head continuously in a no. Raj ran and took him in a hug but Karan was not in his senses. Manik was having tears seeing him like this. He knew that if Karan didn't calmed down, he might end up getting another panic attack, so he ran towards him and held him tightly.

As soon as Karan felt Manik beside him, he stopped for a moment and looked at him with tears his eyes and asked innocently - Papa?

Manik(softly)- haanji Papa ki jaan...kyaa hua mere betu ko?

Listening his loved filled voice after years Karan lost all his calm. He hugged Manik very tightly and started crying loudly, chanting papa papa. Manik too increased his pressure on him and made hid him in his arms. Both father-son were crying after years in each other arms.

Karan(cryingly + hicupping)- Papajii...Papa... I'm... I'm sorry Papajii... please mujhse nafrat naa karein naaa... please....kyaa mai itnaaa buraa hu ki har koii mujhe chod kar chale jata hai??? Pehle soha ne chodh diya phir aapne chod diya...phir...phir... Jaan chod kar chali gayi aur mom-dad bhii chale gaye. Aur ab...aur ab Dadi bhi jaa rahi hai??? Sab mere saath hi kyu aisa karte hai??? Main itna bura hoon kya?? Papajii...I ...I promise main aap logon ki har baat manugaa.... sab kuch karunga par mujhse nafrat nahi karen naa Papajii... please...