part 21

A long chapter ahead. Enjoy reading ❤️

Manik after dropping everyonee went to his office. He attended his meetings and then at lunch time was sitting lost in his thoughts.

At the same time a car pulled over Infront of Malhotra industries and Manik's beautiful wife came out holding her Sarre plates. She knew Manik must be feeling disturbed today as it is Karan's first day in his new school. She tries to make him understand many times that Karan is not a kid anymore and that noone knows better than him how to handle tough situations.

But Manik being Manik was adamant that something bad is coming. So Nandini came from home to see her cute yet sometimes annoying husband and also bring lunch for him.

She with a smile walked towards his cabin and shaked her head in disbelief thinking how right she was about him. He is literally lost in his thoughts that he didn't even noticed Nandini moving inside.

She settled on his lap startling him. First Manik was shocked but then immediately become so happy seeing his wife Infront of him giving him one of the best smiles in the world.

Manik(smiling happily)- hey! What a surprise?

Nandini(smiling)- well I thought to cheer up my husband as he is low since morning.

Manik took a huge sigh and kept his head on her shoulder tiredly making her caresses his hair.

Nandini (calmly caressing his hair)- what happened baba? Kyu pareshan ho aap?

Manik- I don't know jaan. I'm feeling something bad is going to happen. Jab tak bache Aaj ghar Nahi aajate mujhe chain nahi milega.

Nandini- Manik I told you not to worry, nothing will happen to your babies. And ik you are worried about karan but you also know how strong and independent he is. Aarav bhii tou Hai vaha.

Manik- hmmm.... forget it.... I'm hungry.

Nandini chuckles and placed a soft kiss on his hair making him smile warmly.

Nandini-come...i made biryani...you eat it and tell me if I should add something more.

He smiled and both settle down on nearby couch and nandini made manik eat biryani from her hands.

Manik(still eating)- umm Nandini... it's best...no wonder after listening biryani champ agreed to go to school.

Nandini(hopefully)- he Will like it na?

Manik- like it? He will love it, mark my words.

Nandini was going to say something when he got a call from aarav and Karan's school.

Nandini-who is it?

Manik(confuse)- it's From school...

Manik picked it up only to get biggest shock of his life.

Caller- Mr Malhotra your son Karan had fallen down from 4 floor of the building. We are taking him to city hospital please reach there as soon as possible.

Saying this he cut the call while manik was numb. Nandini got worried seeing him and shaked him to bring him in his senses.

Nandini(worriedly)- manikkk...what's wrong??? Manik please say something...what did they said?