Part- 08

Thought to update on my birthday but nvm here it is😂.

Manik entered his room to see Nandini standing in the balcony. He ignored her and went towards his closet to take out his clothes.

He closed the washroom door with a bang making Nandini flinch and making her aware of his presence in the room. She sighed and turned to look at him. After he came out, she went near him and said -

Nandini-(softly) Let's go for dinner?

Manik(rudely)- I don't want to eat. You go!

Nandini-( calmly) Whyy???

Seeing her so calm, Manik just lost his patience and shouted- Are you serious Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra???? How can you be so calm??? Soo ruthless? That boy...he is literally here after 08 years...08 fucking years and only because Maa forced him to come and still you keep on blaming him!!! You said so many mean words to him, you even defended Mukti even after knowing how wrong she was!! How can you be so cheap Nandini? You are not the same Nandini whom I loved.

Nandini (shouting/crying)- Really Manik Malhotra??? I'm not the same? I'm cheap? Well then let me tell you what was that boy's fault....that boy is the reason that our relationship suffered. That boy is the reason why you were in depression for a whole year, that boy is the reason why you were going to commit suicide even after knowing that I'm pregnant. That boy is the reason why Aarav was in hospital for 06 months when he was just 10 years old because your not so poor son tried to kill my son, that boy is the reason why Aarav was feeling insecure when he was just 05 years old. That boy is the reason of all our miseries. Even after knowing that he is your illegitimate child, I accepted him but what he did? He tried to kill my Aarav because he wanted you all by himself, he always made Aarav feel insecure about you, he always made sure that you are not around Aarav or any of us. And you are asking me what's his fault??? How you would feel Manik if someone comes and tells you that I'm pregnant with his child???.

Manik(growling)- Nandini.

Nandini- What now Manik?? You felt bad only on listening it but what about how I literally lived that phase. Even though it was not your fault, even though Soha spiked your drink and had sex with you which resulted in you being Karan's father...it doesn't mean I was not hurt Manik. I was angry at Karan before for being illegitimate but still I never took out my anger on him but when he tried to harm my son, then I asked you to choose between him and me. What wrong did I do haan? You believe it or not Manik but Karan has Soha's blood too and I'm very sure thst he will again destroy us Manik. See today you slapped Mukti too, you never raised your hand on her for anything but today Manik?... please try to understand... please. He will again harm our family.

By the end, Nandini was in tears, ohh only she knows how much she was suffering, she was right in her place. No woman would stand her husband's illegitimate child specially after knowing it was not even his fault. She tried...she tried really hard to be a good mother to Karan but that is the truth too that Karan tried to harm Aarav and she lost all her goodness and patience for her family, her children. Only she knows how much she suffered when she saw Manik sinking in to depression when he got to know that Soha has spiked his drink and that she is pregnant with his child. He got every medical test done to make sure that she is really pregnant with his child. But alas, he couldn't change the truth. The thought that unknowingly he cheated on his wife, his Nandini, his Jaan made him feel horrible and once he even tried to commit suicide but Nandini stopped him and slapped him hard that day. Nandini didn't talk to him for a whole month even though she was pregnant and she needed him still she stayed away from him to made him realise how hurt she felt knowing that her Manik was leaving her permanently. After a month, Manik literally begged her and did everything to make it alright and that's when Nandini agreed and Manik made a contract in which he stated that he will pay for Soha and the baby's expenses but they will stay away from him but then destiny played it's role and Soha died giving birth to Karan.

Nandini was just crying and crying remembering the past while Manik was in tears too. He went on his knees and hugged her closely and patted her head.

Manik- Jaanaaa.... please Nandini, please stop crying, aap jaante ho main nahi dekh sakta aapko aise rote huye. If you want this only then I promise I'll stay away from Karan. I won't repeat my mistakes Jaana...but please don't do this to yourself, please. I promise I will ask for forgiveness from Mukti too, but please don't cry.

Nandini was just hiccupping when Manik made her drink water and patted her head constantly while on the other hand, there was someone else too who overheard everything. He was in tears, ohh only if he could explain everything to everyone.

Yes, you all guessed it right. KARAN heard everything ,when Nandini started blaming him. He was going to eat dinner downstairs when he heard Nandini shouting and saw how broken she was. He didn't heard what Manik said but he listened to Nandini.

He just went down and sat with everyone. He was constantly looking down, lost in his thoughts whereas FAB4 were shooting draggers at him. Mukti was way too much angry now because her own Bhai slapped her for this douchebag and now she was ready to do anything to throw him out.

Aarav was trying to make a conversation with Karan but he was just lost. He even texted in his group telling his friends there is one surprise for them and asked them to come tomorrow.

Soon MaNan too came down and joined everyone. They were normal so everyone guessed that they sorted out their problem. Everyone was talking and eating except Karan. He was sitting far away and was silently having one or two bites from his food when he heard Manik speaking.

Manik- Mukti?

Mukti who was eating her food ignored him and just continued talking with Alya.

Manik(sighing)- I'm sorry beta. I shouldn't have slapped you. I'm really sorry Bhai ki Jaan.

Mukti turned towards Manik and said - It's okay Bhai, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have acted that way.

Manik was shocked hearing her but nevertheless smiles and side hugged her.

Mukti pov

Just wait and watch Karan, I will make sure you regret coming back here.

Pov ends.

Karan who now didn't feel like eating anything, who knew how he is becoming problem for everyone, who knew how FAB 4 were glaring him stood up and started going upstairs.

Raj- Karan? Atleast have your food?

Karan(low voice)- No Dadu I'm full.

Saying this, he went up to his room while his this act again made Nandini think that she is right. She slowly told Manik- See you just said sorry to Mukti and he started his drama of being hurt and went away.

Manik didn't said anything and just looked at the direction where Karan went and sighed knowing exactly why he went.