part 48

Read that important note at the end , please:)

Everyone was sitting at the dining table waiting for breakfast. This morning mukti was unusually quiet and varun too was looking upset which everyone noticed but didn't say anything. Nandini had already told Manik about how Mukti wants to talk with her regarding something and he too was curious now.

That time only Karan came down and sat beside aarav who was continuously teasing myrah making her whine in irritation.

Karan-(settling down) good Morning

Everyone except dhruliya and Mukti- Good morning

Nandini (softly)- had a nice sleep?

Karan-(giving her a small smile) yeah. (Turning towards Manik) thanks, dad, you helped a lot yesterday.

Manik- no worries, if you need more help ask me I'll be there, and this applies to you too Mr lazy ass.

He said last line pointing at aarav who first pouted but then vigorously shake his head in yes making everyone chuckle.

Diya suddenly remembered she didn't tell dhruliya about her project progress, not that they care but still, she too wanted to share with them as she has seen aarav, Karan, mrudula, aradhya and varun sharing with their parents.

Diya-(little excitingly)- mom-dad, do you guys know we all are participating in one competition where we have to submit one project. I'll be handling statistics.

Dhruv didn't respond as he was busy in God's knows what emails, while aliya just nodded without even looking at her. This made diya a little upset but still, she tried one more time.

Diya- (smiling) wait, I'll show you the progress. You know earlier I was finding it a little bit hard but then-

Aliya (cutting her in between)- baby, will you please stop for now? I'm seriously having a bad headache and dad is busy too na.

In just a few secs Diya lost her smile. She has seen how manan, cavya, ram-ishita and abhii were listening so keenly to what their children were telling them even when they didn't have any idea what the project is about. They even asked her but she wanted to tell about this to HER parents but seems like they don't have time for her. She was hurt... deeply.

Diya ( bending her head down in a low voice)- I'm sorry.

Everyone felt so angered looking at dhruliya and at the same time felt bad for Diya. That's when they heard a voice and a smile reached everyone's face except dhruliya of course.

Karan-( straight looking at her) you was finding it a little hard then?

Diya-( looking up) huh?

Karan-( raising his one eyebrow) then? How did you understand it?

Diya-( slowly) you want to know?

Karan- obviously, we all want to know... right guys?

He asked looking around and everyone nodded in yes including aarav.

Aarav-(smiling) show your progress Ms sassy pants.

Diya ( playfully)- sure temple guy.

Aarav-(suddenly getting up and shouting dramatically) aeyyy only this mini monster is allowed to call me that.

Everyone laughed at this while myrah who was trying to stuff a whole vegetable sandwich at once in her mouth replied.