Part- 06

India

A lady was shouting, roaming around in the whole house, asking the workers to complete their work. Seeing her like this, a boy who was descending the stairs shaked his head in disbelief. He came towards her and turned her face towards himself.

Seeing the boy, the lady hurriedly spoke- Aiyoo aiyaapaa Aarav you are still here? Manik's flight would have landed by now....go to airport for God's sake.

Aarav- Maa maaa...calm down okay.... youreally need to relax. What's wrong with you? Only Dadu Dadi are coming...why are you panicking?

Nandini(sighing)- Aarav....you know right Mom-Dad never talk to me after Ka... saying this she stopped in midway which Aarav understood and chose to divert her mind.

Aarav-( calmly)- Maa...I don't know why you did that 08 years ago but I know one thing that my Mumma can never do something wrong. I'm sure that you must have had your own reasons and Dadu-Dadi...you also know that they love you a lot...they are just angry that you never told any of us the reason. That's it. Please don't panic and relax... You need to calm yourself then only you will be able to take care of Dadi.

Nandini (teary eyes)- Thank you for trusting me Bacha....and yes you are right...I need to calm myself or else how will I take care of Maa? I took a leave from hospital as well for a month.

Aarav- Why you did...

Aarav was cut by loud voice. He turned his face to see Manik and Raj-Neyonika coming inside.

Nandini (loud voice+hicupping+ crying)-Maaaaa...maa aap theek hai na? Aap...aap don't worry haaan... I will make sure you stay with us forever.... yess....

Saying this she hugged Neyonika, who embraced her happily and tried to calm her down as she was crying badly.

Neyonika- Shhh betaa... I'm okay... don't worry...main bikul theek hoon.

While Manik made a bad face as he was standing with open arms, thinking that Nandini will come and hug him. Nevertheless, he turned his face towards Aarav thinking he will hug him but to his disappointment, he was already in his Dadu's arms. Now he really made a crying face on seeing that no one wants him.

But a voice made him smile- Papajiiiii
He turned his face upwards to see Myrah running towards him giggling. He went and picked her up and kissed her whole face madly.

Manik- Papa ki Jaan...mera Bacha...kaise ho aap?

Myrah- theek hu Papaji...I missed you.

Manik- Aww I missed you too meri jaano.

Seeing both of them, Nandini, Raj,  Neyonika and Aarav smiled while Nandini went towards Raj and hugged him to which raj hugged her tightly with a smile but soon straightened his face when Nandini broke the hug which unfortunately for Raj, Nandini saw and giggled.

Nandini- Achaa chaliye aap log aayie baithiye, you guys must be tired. Saying this she held Neyonika's hand and started moving forward but stopped hearing Raj.

Raj- Wait...koyi aur bhi aaya hai hamare saath.

Nandini-(confused)- Kon Papa?

Manik made a scared face thinking about what will happen now while Raj called that person inside. Hearing Raj, Aarav's eyes started twinkling while Nandini's went blank.

Raj- Karan...come inside.

Listening to him, Karan who was already shaking standing outside, started walking slowly coming inside.

He was going to enter the house when a loud voice stopped him.

Nandini- (loudly) Don't.... don't you dare enter inside my house!

Raj(sternly)- Nandini behave! Damini go take Myrah inside.
Raj said looking at one servant and then turned towards Nandini and said  First thing it's our house neither your husband's nor your's. And secondly Karan is the son of this house and he has every right to enter inside. And most importantly, this is Neyonika's wish. Her last wish.

Hearing him, Nandini made a disbelief face and said - Fine if this is what you want. If this boy will stay here...I will leave this house.

Everyone present there were shocked while Karan immediately said - Noo.. please Mrs Malhotra... Don't go anywhere....I will leave...but please you don't go...

Nandini- Oh shut up! I'm well aware that you might have asked Mom-Dad to bring you here. Why haan? Why have you come back to destroy my family? Why? You are such a curs...

But Nandini was cut by Manik's shout!

Manik(angrily)- Nandini! Just don't. Just don't complete that word.

Aarav-Mom-Dad... please calm down... let's sit and talk.

Neyonika (calmly)- Nandini, beta please listen to me. Consider this as my last wish...I want to stay with my whole family. I know it's difficult for you but if you still don't want this...then it's okay me, Raj and Karan will leave. Saying this she turned around to go but was held by Nandini who looked at her innocently with tears in her eyes and nodded her head.

Nandini (softly)- Fine! He can stay here...I just want your happiness.

Neyonika (happily) Thank you beta!

Listening to her, Manik sighed in relief while Aarav was really very happy and Raj was having a blank expression on his face while Karan was standing in a corner looking down.

Raj- Babu.. Karan ke bags room mein rakhwa do upar and Karan you go and get fresh and come down to eat.

Karan just nodded slowly and went upstairs. Nandini too made an excuse and ran towards the kitchen. As soon as she entered there, she asked everyone to go out while she held the slab tightly and cried and cried. After 15 minutes, she composed herself and called all the servants back inside the kitchen and started laying the table while everyone too came downstairs except Karan.

Few minutes ago-

Karan went with one servant who kept his bags inside and said - Sir agar aapko kuch chahiye ho toh bata dijiyega.

Karan just nodded and slowly said - Aap neeche keh denge ki mujhe bhookh nahi hai? Aur please thodi der koyi kamre main mat aaiyega.

Servant- Jii Sahab.
Saying this, the servant went away while Karan locked the door and sat down instantly, crying out badly. After 08 years....after 08 fucking years, he was again back. Everything is same....same place...same people...same emotions. This was the same house from where he went abroad and his life changed completely. He was just crying...ohh how he hoped for one time that may be...may be Mrs Malhotra would be happy seeing him and will ask him to call her MOM....but guess what? Expectations always hurt..

Present

Everyone was sitting at table.

Raj- Arre Karan kahan hai? Babu jaao usse bula kar lao khana thanda ho raha hai.

Babu- Sahab unhone kaha vo bahut thak gaye hai aur khana raat ko khaa lenge aur unhe disturb naa karne ke liye bola hai.

Everyone knew that was just an excuse which Karan made but no one said anything. Manik just ate a little and went to his room while Nandini too did the same and went to the kitchen. Seeing both of them, the trio on the table sighed.