Chapter Thirty-Four.

Start from the beginning

Hey beautiful, I hope you're having a good day. Wish you would reply, I've been wanting to see you.

Alaine, isn't this enough? Its torture not being able to at least talk to you. Would you reply? I promise I wont make it awkward.

Alaine I cant take it anymore! I'm going over. We need to talk. Lets clear the air, I really miss you. I'm sorry. Just reply.

At that moment he sent me another message.

I saw the envelope missing, I'm at least glad you're reading them. Let me in Alaine? I promise to behave. I love you.

I shut off my phone, seeing those last few words on the screen. I couldn't say it back, I liked Mark for sure but I couldn't find it in my heart to say I love you to him. I don't love Mark, it wouldn't be fair of me to say that to him when I didn't mean it. Not to mention he had sex with me while I was completely lost on alcohol! How maddening to think he took my body and...

"We're here miss." the driver said, I looked out the window and saw the flats. I can do this, Lou promised me that Harry wouldn't be there. I paid the driver and went up to the front. At the door a man asked for my name, he was in uniform and had a clipboard with him.

"Name please." he said, his accent there.

"Alaine Saunders. I'm here to see Louis Tomlinson."

"Miss Saunders, Louis left you this and a key. He will be here shortly."

I took the room key and the note the man handed me. I walked inside and pressed the floor on the elevator that led me up to his flat. I opened the note, it plainly said he went out for a bit but would be here shortly. He promised Harry wouldn't be there so I should trust him. I sighed, Louis had a tendency to do odd things, I just hoped this wouldn't be one of them. The door opened and I headed for his flat. walking in I couldn't help but carefully walk in. I looked over at the bathroom, remembering all the things I had seen. I opened the door to find it empty.

I decided to wash my face, calming myself down. I looked in the mirror, looking for hands that might have been left imprinted. Nothing. I splashed more water on me and collected my feelings. It occurred to me I had ice cream in my bag and rushed over to the kitchen. I put the ice cream in the freezer. The door opened and I thanked God Louis was home. I had just closed the freezer but decided to check on the ice cream. The door closed.

"Louis! I'm glad your back! I was just putting the ice cream in the freezer. I made it this morning, it is very well prepared." I said turning around to find not Louis, but Caroline. She was wearing a very well fitted pink dress with long gold earrings. Her high heels were about four inches, which made her a bit taller than me, not to mention all her make up, which gave her a plastic look.

"How did you get in here?" she asked, hint of anger at the end.

"I came to visit Louis. He said he would be here." I say, wishing I hadn't. I don't owe her any explanation. C'mon Alaine, don't look like a little girl.

She twisted her face and tilted it, setting her bag down on the counter. "Only Louis? Is that really your only reason?"

I rolled my eyes. "If you're trying to hint at Harry, I didn't come to see him. But then again you could ask him that yourself."

She laughed. "Oh I will, when we...make love." she smiled, all to sinisterly. I felt my body freeze, halting, itching to move but unwillingly. She caught onto it almost instantly and walked towards the island that kept us apart.

"It's the most amazing thing in the entire world. It feels like you're in the clouds, the way he caresses your skin the next morning." she smirked, knowing she was baiting me. Clearly I didn't want to hear about this.