Chapter 22: Asuna's Discovery

Start from the beginning

   “Oh, um yeah OK…” She muttered. She continued to stare as the moon shone over Rima. Her back was to us.

   I slowly walked toward her in silence. She didn’t turn around until I spoke, “Rima?” I said. She span quickly and saw my standing there, Asuna in the distance.

   “Run…” She mumbled in a whisper. I didn’t understand her.

   “What?” I asked.

   She began to shake and she looked over her shoulder, “RUN I SAID!” She yelled and suddenly a huge wind picked up and it circled around her. She span and I saw 3 shady looking people jump from every angle and surround her… they were Level E Vampires!

   “Asuna! Get out of here now!” I cried and ran for Rima to help her.

   “We have word…” One of them spoke, “The war is near… Kaname must pay the price…! Lord Kaname Kuran must die!” I quickly slid the daggers I carried from my boots into my hands and I leapt at the Vampires in fury.

   “Over my dead body!” I screamed and slashed at the one who talked. I got his throat and his voice box was now destroyed, and blood emptied out of his neck. He turned to dust soon after and Rima pulled me back as another lashed at me. “Whoa! Thanks,”

   “Just watch my back, there’s more coming I believe!” She snapped and a slight sting of an electric pulse ran down her fingers… She could control the wind and electricity basically—what an epic power.

   “Fine by me!” I shook my hands until my purple bolts were building up, they surround my weapons and grew to a point making them look as though they were light sabers, “By the way, get in my way Rima, you’ll die.” I mentioned as she stared in fear at my ability. She nodded and danced with the wind she created with her hands.

   Lashing out at the Vampires, they lashed out at me too, fear in their eyes but not directed at Rima… but me. They knew I had the Hunters powers so if I touched them, they’d most probably die instantly but I had to admit, they were amazing dodgers. “Another down!” Rima cried as she forced powerful wind razors at one which cut him in half. It was gruesome for a second until the dust clouds formed. Five more appeared and both me and Rima knew we couldn’t take them all on.

   From behind I was knocked down by one which soon climbed over me and stared at me neck. I lifted my weapon tried to stab him but another knocked it out of my hands and Rima’s wind made it fly in a completely random direction… out of luck, one sliced through ones forehead killing him instantly but my powers had faded from the daggers themselves. I cried out as he dug his fingers into my arms, my flesh was torn and blood seeped through the wounds. “You Hunter… you look so delicious!” He cried and bared his fangs, his mouth wide open and laughter came flooding out—Rima was too busy with the others to notice me in danger.

   “STOP!” I cried as he pushed his head near my neck. I screamed and opened my eyes wide to find dust over me… he had vanished and been killed… who?

   Glancing up I looked from below, Asuna had picked up my other dagger and cut him in half, “Evil Vampire…” She murmured angrily. She stood in a position which made her look as though she was a warrior, dagger in two hands and at an angle over her head. Darkness in her eyes.

   “Thanks,” I said as she helped me up, I ran over to the dust pile where my other dagger was, “I think you’ll need this one too.” I suggested.

   “What about you?” She looked at me offering the other dagger.

   “I’ve got those powers you saw me use before… Now you know the truth, I guess you can help or at least protect yourself.” I said and ran over to Rima as were now lashing at her.

   I slid onto the ground and touched one of the Vampires legs, releasing purple static and him exploding into little bits of dust. The rest gasped and stepped back. Their lust for blood was strong but their fear was also alive too. “Thank you Yuna… I was wrong about you.” She muttered and stared at the Level E’s. “What was that message anyway? What did it mean?” She asked them lowering her guard. Asuna came to stand next to us.

   “Why are you here anyway?” Asuna asked standing next to me. Rima glanced at her in confusion.

   “The Pure Blood who’s been turning you into beasts is alive… and they had taken the wrong life.” Zero said standing next to Asuna with his Bloody Rose in hand.

   “War is now coming with the Level E Vampires ready to attack, yes?” Yuuki added walking and standing next to Rima. I smiled as our army against these things was growing.

   “And she wants to be the almighty Pure Blood, killing every other. Therefore Kaname is next on your list?” Kurando said pushing beside Rima to stand next to me. Placing his hand in mine I blushed lightly but I became frightened at his presence. He was devious and winked at me. I shuddered but continued to stare at the Level E’s.

   “He’s the one who framed Terra?!” I cried stepping forward, releasing my hand from Kurando’s.

   “Yes… But she killed herself as planned. That woman was too frail and nice; she couldn’t live the rest of her full life in an enclosed state.” One spoke.

   “And our master is no male… She shall be queen!” I gasped at the fact the Vampire who framed Terra was not only starting a war against Kaname but is also female?! Wow!

   We all watched as the Vampires took closer steps toward us, mumbling hungry words. We defended ourselves but suddenly watched as they all turned to dust, one by one. “What?!” Rima said looking up. We all noticed what she was staring at; Kaname and the other night class students were all standing in a pack. I smiled as I saw Shiki too.