Chapter 54

Sometimes, small things play a huge role. And often times we forget about them. Or worse we ignore them thinking they are nothing. Even though it did halt you in your way. At the back of your mind, you know it was something, yet we do not acknowledge its existence. Not always are they this huge though. But some of the small things if we do not ignore might turn out to be huge. For example, I always overlooked the fact that Aaron, my ex-boyfriend was friends with my bullies, yet he never bullied me. I thought that did not mean anything. Well, now I know otherwise. Another one, I thought my parents cared about me, knew me even though I used to believe Tori left me, I thought that hurt them. At least my mom but now I do not believe that anymore. As most evidence points otherwise.

Evidence. Such an interesting word, isn't it? You wouldn't think much when you first hear it. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, why I am being like this. Let's see after the whole fiasco that happened when I was asked to be a character witness for Aaron. Well, the single piece of rectangular slip changed the course of my life for the past month. Why? It's simple. As I said earlier no way in hell was, I going to be a character witness for Aaron. But I had to be there while he was sentences to prison. As Tori suggested why not I come forward with what happened to me. After she learned about the two other girls who are both 15 by the way. That's just shocking to me and vile. I mean how could he? Then again how can I not believe it to be true? After all it was him who did that to me and then continued our relationship as if nothing happened. It's the same person. Although I do not want to refer to him as a person anymore. More so after learning more things about him. Anyways I am getting ahead of myself.

So, after Tori suggested that which was basically after she learned about the other stuff, got angry, cried and then. After the whole episode Tori and Liz called a lawyer and asked her to come talk to me. They thought of something else, and the lawyer suggested something different. Well, at first when the lawyer, Simone Hart, came to our house. She was not sure how to approach the situation. As it is a very complicated one. It took her time to get all the facts from me and Zach. Then she suggested that I do go to the stand as Aaron's character witness. After all who better than another victim of his to be the better judge of his character. Fun fact Aaron does not know I know it was him. So, Simone suggested we use that to our advantage. And in the meantime, she prepared me for anything coming our way when I take the stand.

For most of the past month, most of my free time went in that. Preparing for a case that might go awry with my testimony. Because Simone is certain that Aaron's lawyer will question if I slip up. And she is suggesting I slip up while Aaron's lawyer question me. Because I am going there as if I am on Aaron's side. So, I should be prepared to make a mistake. If that makes any sense. I mean I used to think mistakes are made accidentally not knowingly. Or maybe I have been wrong all along.

My time hanging out with my friends have been cut short for the past few weeks. I was exhausted. Mentally and emotionally more so than physically. Because discussing the events was taking a toll on me. Lee saw that and hence she made me skip school one day and just relax. That was the only day I had sort of fun. I ate lunch at the diner, then we just laid at the hangout, watched movie from her laptop and talked, and laughed. Laughing, just a simple gesture yet I cannot say I had the luxury to partake in such a simple gesture over the last month almost. I mean how can you laugh when all you discuss are events that made you not want to live anymore. Because according to Simone, we had to be prepared for anything. And since Zach is who he is, she needed to ask me about the accident. My injury as much as I know. My pain meds addiction. And how Zach helped me with them. Everything. Mattie was called as well. Since he is another survivor of the accident, and he knew about my incident in full except my name from Zach.

This revelation also revealed to Tori and Liz and well my friends who have been very supporting about my pain meds addiction. And about how at one point I wanted to give up. Weirdly it was Zach who helped me. I mean normally you would think why a drug dealer would help you. Well, that is the difference. Zach is not a drug dealer. He is somewhat of a seller of sorts. He can get you drugs, alcohol and even grocery when you need it. He just gives what you need and in exchange takes money. That is why he is very popular among teenagers as he gets them alcohol when they cannot buy. Although with him you get advice on not to drink and drive, and never to drink too much. But most times people ignore him. But Zach will not sell you if you are the only person driving the car or if you are younger than 15. Why 15? Because according to him that's the age all teenagers give into peer pressure. And that's why Zach becomes friends with many people and is loved by so many who will never betray him.