Chapter 10

"Hello, what are you doing here?"

"Good to see you too."

"Why are you here Diane? Did you come to torment Kris here?" Amy asks.

"Amy. Do you really think that?" Diane turns to me, "I came to see how you are doing. Also, to apologize for Grace making you do the routine and also the extra stuff. I heard, I told her that she was not supposed to make you do it. But she did. But what surprised me is Grace said you did the back-hand flip and the front hand flip. So, my question is how? And what were you thinking?"

"Diane. Thank you for looking out for me, but...nothing. Just thank you."

"Good. Now answer my questions."

"I did it because I can do them once or twice before I exert myself. I did it because I could not think of any other way to get Grace off my back and stay in the team. Because I wanted to. Well now that's gone. Oh, just so you know I have to quit the squad."

"Wait really? And you agreed? Shocking!" Diane said mockingly.

"I didn't. Doc recommended and I know I cannot do anything for about a week at least."

"How's the pain?"

Amy turns to Diane, "what are you talking about?"

Diane ignores Amy and looks at me. "It's not much. It's not fully gone either. It will take time. That's why I said at least a week." Diane shakes her head and Amy looks at both of us. "How did you know Diane?"

"I saw you that day, and I saw the whole thing." I nod.

"What do you mean Diane?" Amy asks Diane then turns to face me, looking confused, "what does she mean Kris?"

"I uh...I almost fell down that day at the mall two weeks ago when the video of Diane and I fighting was going around. She is talking about that day. I guess I hurt myself that day a little. Sprained my ankle but it did not fully heal as I did not rest. She is talking about that, right Diane?" I ask hoping she won't say the truth.

"Yes, exactly. I saw her fall at a weird angle. You must have heard in the video I told her she can't walk properly. Then she joined the squad. I knew it was a bad idea, but who am I turn down a beggar?" Diane smirks at me. Great! Now she has something to hold over my head. Still does not explain why she showed up to check on me.

"Okay. I am gonna go to the bathroom, you guys talk. Don't kill each other I'll be back in a jiffy." Amy announced before jumping off the chair she was sitting on.

"Jiffy? Seriously Amy?" Diane asks her and Amy just walks away flipping her.

"So, now tell me how is the pain? And why the hell did you do it? Also, why did you lie to Amy?"

"I told you already the pain is there, but not that much. It will take time maybe even a week. And I said I did it to get Grace off my back and stay in the squad. You know Cheerleading used to be everything to me. Even if I could never do what all the cheerleaders did. I used to arrange the schedules, then I even did the choreography once or twice. I was always part of the squad. It's the only thing I can do. I love sports and being active, yet I cannot do them. I am...anyways. Why are you here?"

"I would tell you but tell me first why you lied to Amy?"

"Because I do not want pity looks okay. Everyone always gave me pity looks, always. Except you. You fought with me, taunted me, like I am not some...but then you forbid me from doing the routine. At first, I was angry, then I accepted it. As being part of the squad means everything to me. Even if I didn't do shit. But now I have to quit. And I don't want to." I feel tears glistening my eyes. I avert my eyes and blink the tears away. No way am I crying in front of Diane.