Chapter 3

People say that teenagers do not know anything. They are not adults yet. Well, that statement is just wrong. We do know things. We might not have lived for say at least two decades on this earth but the things we face make us grow up. For some they have a choice, and they grow up later on but for me that was not an option.

You see I had to grow up or whatever is equivalent to that when I was what 4 or 5 years old. I had to understand the sudden changes occurring in my house. I lost my sister for good. I did think once if she was even alive. I prayed that she was alive. And weirdly never gave up hope to be able to see her again. Only in my dreams was when I saw her, I also had my parents around us. Well, that's not the reality anymore. Now onto the reason why I grew up. Well, you see my dad is sorry, was a very important businessman. He was rich and had many deals and things to arrange. On days when he was not a drunk guy on the couch. And my mom was also an important woman. What she did I have no idea as no matter what she evaded that topic, either by waving her hand. Or she even grounded me once because I continued to ask her what she did. Thereby making me think it was either illegal or she did not want my dad to know.

Now I will never know. Is that a good thing or a bad one? I am yet to understand. Now I live with my sister. Yet, last night I was not here. Hence, I am telling you all this while standing on the doorway of my sister's house. She is here looking at me, trying to figure out what to tell me, or I might be wrong. She is angry, she was scared last night that much I gathered. I get that though. Because the first words she uttered were, 'you are a teenager', which started my internal monologue about how teenagers also know stuff. But then abruptly Tori stopped and started studying me. Like I am a book. Not sure if I am an interesting one or just to read once and shelf it though. Should I ask her that? I should definitely tell her something, right? That is, I am guessing an adult thing to do.

I would show emotions, tiredness, hunger. Yet I am not fully rested and not hungry. And I do not show emotions, which surprisingly my sister is yet to comment on. But my newfound friends already figured it out. That might be because of Silver, who can read me. Still figuring out if that's good or bad. They seemed like good people with strange places to hang out. But good at heart. Also, definitely not like the rich kids around here. Although I am yet to see these supposedly rich kids, but I presume from the houses I saw yesterday and today while I waked back to the house. Yeah, I stopped my new friends from walking me back here. Simply because I wanted them to like me, and not associate me with well Tori, I guess. Its weird right?

Both of us looking are at each other with our necks cocked to a side. Mine to my left and Tori's to her right. I am sure this stare war will go on for a while. As neither of us seems to know what to say to the other. I have no idea, should I explain to her where I was, who I was with and all that. Then I think she is not my mom, and she was not present in my life well for the better part of my life so why should I? And I think she is thinking the same thing as well, only mixed with some form of guilt, as that face definitely holds some guilt. I was lost in my head while staring into my sister's eyes, not purposely mind you. That is until a piercing scream headed our way.

"MOOOOOOOOOOMM." Alex screamed. Guess I did not imagine the kids yesterday.

They are very much real, and they might hate me. Well Alex sure does. Tori seems like she lost her balance hearing the scream. As she took her step back, faltering trying to gain her balance and probably her hearing back, Alex turned to me and started glaring at me. Well kid, who are you kidding? I am not afraid or offended by you glaring daggers at me. If you do not like me, well you are not the only one. Join my impressive haters' club. Surely, they would welcome you, might show you some funny videos of me as well. After a few seconds when Alex realized I am literally not fazed by her shooting daggers at me, she turned to her mom and tugged her hand, pulling her towards the dining hall. I followed them, because what else am I supposed to do?