Chapter 18

"You're here."

"Kris is here too?"

"You both are... here sitting on the edge. Why?"

"Wait are you guys holding hands?"

"What are you both doing here?"

"Did you leave school?"

"Now who's being dramatic? Leaving school for...just me calling you Char. Really!"

Came the barrage of questions and comments simultaneously. We didn't even get the time to turn our head before the questions and comments were shot at us. None of them felt accusatory except Danny's comment. I mean why would he say the name again. Does he not understand, or does he have no sympathy? Geez. Even I who don't know the whole story gets why Lee hates being called Char. And he calls himself her friend.

By the time we turn they were quietly staring at us. Well mostly at Lee and Danny. Seeing as he commented what he did. I do not understand him. It felt like he was a nice guy. Sweet, almost kind. Not really, but almost. At least he cared about his friends. But apparently not. He I guess cares about Silver hopefully as he is attached to her all the time. Except when Silver was absent. Yeah, that's the time I saw that he is not so kind, and taunting Lee every chance he gets. Not sure why? I mean what does he gain by treating his friend like this? Not sure if he does it to everyone else as well. I would assume so.

I see Danny and Lee both open their mouth to say something, but I beat them to it.

"Daniel Willis is it. Dan, I think wasn't it? Such a nice guy's name yet you are nothing of sorts. What don't you have your mommy beside you to hide behind her or ask your mommy to say boo to the bully? Oops. Forgot you are living your dream, that is being a bully to your friend. It is your dream, isn't it? To bully your friends. To pretend you are some sweet kind guy when you are nothing of sorts. Wanna try me next? Let's see how you hold off Danny boy.?" I snicker seeing Danny look at me with wide eyes. "Fair warning, I am not nice, and neither do I play nice."

Danny is looking at me with eyes wide, and his eyebrows are touching his head almost as they are raised higher than normal. His forehead is all scrunched up. His hands are fumbling. Silver is beside him; I am sure playing 'his mommy's role'. Alice and June come to my side, so did Jake, Jeffrey and Mark. I am still looking at Danny and Silver. Silver is looking at Danny expectantly.

"Aren't you going to apologize?" Silver asks Danny softly.

"No. I didn't say anything to Kris. Yet, she is insulting me. Aren't you going to ask her to stop?" Danny shouts to Silver.

"Buddy I haven't even started. And trust me you don't want me to." I say and chuckle. I am so angry at him right now. At both of them.

"Say something Silver. You are my best friend. Why are you letting Kris bully me?" Danny shouts at Silver again. Then he looks at me, "how did you know my full name?"

"What didn't I just tell you I don't play fair. Did you not hear me or believe me? Trust me your name isn't the only thing I know." I give him a very charming smile, which I am pretty sure looks bad seeing as he feels scared. I am sure it would look weird with my blank expression and my weird smile.

"Do you know stuff about all of us?" Silver asks.

"No. Just Danny."

"She is lying. Can't you see Silver. She is bulling me, and you are being a bad friend to me right now. You are not even asking her to stop calling me names. She is being so mean right now. And all of you are standing beside her. All of you I thought were my friends. Wow! This shows me how much this friendship means to all of you. You're all shitty friends. Only try to behave as a friend when you need to be. I mean Alice and June I understand. Even you guys are standing beside Kris right now. How could you?" Danny shouts. He is behaving so weirdly right now. "And Silver. How could you not defend me? I always protected you whenever you had your 'illness' and then you didn't come to school for days. Do you have any idea how much it hurt me, lie to all those people? Saying you are 'ill' or something. As if!" Danny huffs.