Chapter 66

Three hours and the most awaited night, the senior prom night is over. At least it could have been a few more hours but sadly it ended at dot 9.45 pm. And we were ushered out the venue by 10 pm. All of us cleared out. Actually, the whole room got cleared by then. Shocking to see though. Prom this year started at 6.30 pm and they have booked the hall till 9.30 and the hotel management had requested that we clear out by 10. At least that's what I heard later on. I mean it was nice but for me it ended too quickly. I guess most of my classmates share my sentiment as they are all here at this after prom party. Relaxing, chilling and enjoying without a care in the world and not at all thinking about when they will be forced to leave the room. Only, it is not a room. This after party is out in the open at the backyard of some guy's house who lives near the hotel. He is hosting a bonfire after prom party. I am not sure who he is or if I have ever seen him, but we are all invited and here we are. Also, I think it might be more of a cathartic party as I have already seen people throw old assignments in the fire and then scream, 'woohoo' or 'suck it'. It makes sense to me, and it felt very relaxing to even witness it.

We all were aware of this party and that it would be a bonfire which is why we packed relaxing outfits to change into. So, after we were sort of made to leave the hall, we went to the suite we booked for ourselves to get changed into comfortable clothing. Funny thing the dresses we bought; the expensive ones will now decorate our closet after being worn only for at max 5 hours. How futile! I think I was right in the beginning to think not to buy one. But alas I did. Also, it's a good thing that this party is at a five-minute walking distance from the hotel. Because we have already asked the limo to go for the night and since none of us have cars here, it would have been difficult had the location of this party been far. Another thing I just realized is that we do not have cars and hence no mode of transportation for us to return home tomorrow. I guess we should have thought of that and booked something beforehand considering we would surely be hungover as well. But that's a future problem and I should not worry about it tonight. Tonight, I am going to relax and have fun with my friends and girlfriend, whom I cannot find at the moment. Where did Lee go, she was right here just now?

For this party, I am wearing jeans and a hoodie, my typical causal outfit and it is windy tonight, so the hoodie fits nicely into my second wardrobe for tonight. Lee is wearing her signature shorts and a hoodie. The girl does not get cold, especially her legs I mean. They are almost never covered. But then again, I wear jeans and full tracks to cover all the scars I have, not because I get cold. After dressing up we just stood facing each other and smiled because we are so used to seeing each other in these kinds of comfy outfits that seeing us in fancy dresses was a bit shocking. For both of us. Only I reacted in typical me fashion by losing my voice and Lee with her little high-pitched voice. We waited at the 'living room' part of the suite as Jeff called it but not for long. As within ten minutes we were all in our usual get up and, on our way, to here, the after-prom party.

We were all smiles and laughter while we reached this party. All 8 of us were still high from the adrenaline we felt at prom. I cannot forget the dances we had. Especially when Ed Sheeran's 'Perfect' was played. Nobody needed to ask me anything I simply got up and asked Lee to dance with me. She did not hesitate, not even for one second. Weird thing is they played several romantic songs after that. Not a typical thing at prom but who am I to complain as I danced with my girlfriend, holding her close to me. Although after a while Lee protested and we sat for a few minutes to recuperate and drink more alcoholic punch. Again, how did no one notice how strong the punch was. It did not deter us from drinking it though. There were few upbeat songs as well, and the lighting matched the beats then. It was really spectacular, the hall, the energy, the songs, everything. The juniors did a good job for making it a memorable night for everyone. It was sure from the big smiles etched on everyone's faces that we all enjoyed our prom. Even the different kinds of fries they had as food, was sort of perfect as I know we had dinner before going to prom, and I assume most of them did too. The music, the décor, the lighting, everything just gave a very happy and upbeat vibe. At least for me it just made my senior prom night a little bit more special.