Chapter 45

The crisp cold air woke me up. Not from my sleep. But from my...mind? Yeah, I suppose that's right. You see after that weekend where we all went to the hangout and I told everyone about Maize, everybody started getting better. I mean it looked like that. Because we talked to each other, visited the hangout more. Well, everybody except Danny, Jeffrey and me. Me, because I am still locked up in my mind. Why? No idea. How to get out of it? Again, no idea. I am pretty sure Lee knows that. It's been a while since the reunion with our hangout. Cannot exactly tell days or weeks. Not a month because I know for a fact this is November. Wait that means Halloween is gone and Thanksgiving is on its way. Damn I have been so out of it!

Shit! If this is November, shouldn't I be applying to colleges and all. I should be doing all those things, right? I don't know if I did or not, considering I cannot remember I will say no. Then again, I feel like I should take a gap year before venturing off to college, wherever that is. One of the reasons being I have no idea what to study there. I mean what can I get my degree in? What do I like? What do I want to do? Argh! Such big questions. So not in the mood to ponder on such things. For now, I should focus on my way to my next class, which is what again? Dammit!

I feel my elbow being lifted and hand slips in. I look to my left and sure enough there is Lee. I smile at her gesture as she gives me a small, sweet smile. We are on our way to our next class. Only thing I know about this next class is that I have it with Lee and thank lord for that. As we settle in our seats, I just couldn't help myself but glance at Lee. There is something about her right now that is making her look beautiful. Or maybe that currently I am present as opposed to being lost in my mind as I have been since Silver died. Huh maybe it is that.

"Why are you looking at me like that Kris? Do I have something on my face?" Lee asks waking me up from my reverie. I knew I was looking at her, but I didn't realize I was staring.

"Huh! No. Lee I was just...well you look beautiful." Lee stares at me shocked then a thin coat of pink touches her cheeks as she shyly smiles and mumbles a 'thank you' to me. That made her look so cute. What is going on? I just thought Lee looks beautiful and now blushing Lee looks cute. What is happening to me?

The teacher came in before I could analyze my thoughts and as he started droning on about things, I could care less about I turned to my right and this time I purposely kept on staring at Lee. What can I say she is looking exceptionally beautiful right now and I cannot divert my eyes from her? Nor do I want to. I sit in class lost in my daydream. I do notice the pink on Lee's cheeks after a while. Then I also notice how her eyes crinkled a little as she smiled when she looked at me. Lee also showed me her tongue once, I am guessing so that I stop staring. But that just made me look at her more. I don't know why. Also, seeing her tongue made me think things which started another line of thoughts.

"Miss Monroe, I would appreciate it if next day you could focus more on the lesson than Miss Evans." The teacher shouted as soon as the bell rang signaling the end of this period. I simply nodded not even fazed by it, but Lee is blushing right now. Still, she waited for me as the next class we have this fine Wednesday, I think, is gym. And we have it together.

Technically, I do not have gym anymore as I have painting instead. But I usually escort Lee to gym and then go to the art studio. I can have just one art class this semester but because of my condition, I have extra day of painting class with the juniors. One good thing about it is CJ is in my class. Although she has changed a lot now. CJ, the once bubbly girl is now quiet now almost all the time. Gone is her liveliness, her bubbliness, well basically anything that made her CJ. I miss the old CJ, which makes me want to know what happened to her. I have a feeling I know, but I could not confront her about that. As I feel she would need my support if that were the case. And I am not one hundred percent alright to help her yet. Still, I feel like I should talk to her.