Chapter 48

Time is not my friend. Why you ask? It's simply because it went by so fast. I felt like I blinked, and it was middle of November and Thanksgiving was near. Then I blinked again, and it was last week of normal school before exams and winter break. Like how? Was I the only one feeling like this? I mean surely my friends felt it too. Because we all were in a funk. Still, that does not mean we would lose not just days, or even weeks but months? Dammit! I just realized exams are nearby and I cannot recall months of my senior year. Oh, revising for exams will be a bitch! As for time not being fair, let's see that Monday, things changed for me. You see I learned certain things about a friend of mine. Even though we sort of cleared stuff between us regarding that situation according to Lee. But nothing could clear the jealously I felt. Truth be told I am not sure why I am jealous. I mean I know Olivia and Mackenzie are in a relationship and they have been for years. Also, I met them once. Yeah, okay. Maybe because I met them just once and from the looks of the video Lee seemed to be pretty close with well both of them. I could talk to Lee about it, ask her in a non-awkward way. Whatever that is.

But I didn't. And now its exams week. Stress and nerves are our friends this week. I apparently was able to recall the things taught in the classes during the lost months from my brain. I guess even when I felt I was on vacation and blinked it was November, my brain knew. Whatever be the case, it still was not easy to revise though. Okay, so the main problem is none of that. The main problem for me was that I could not get that damn video out of my brain. I was revising it was there, I was eating it was there and it was definitely there whenever I went to sleep. Thus, screwing up my brain constantly. And school was not helping. As this was the first piece of news, they got in weeks to talk about. And I think this is the first time anything about Lee has been a part of rumor patrol. I mean I have never heard something about her ever before. Maybe there have been before I came here after all, she is pretty well known here.

School was a drag from that Monday. By that I mean last week, which seems to have been last year. Yeah, one week and a half seems to have been dragging for about a year. Simply because of that video. Lee is being asked questions everywhere she went in school. Not outside though, thank goodness for that. People from lower classes like even freshmen are coming up to her and asking stuff. All of them are regarding some fake news or questions that does not even make any sense. Yet, they are being asked. Also, she has been asked out on a date, to a party, and to some sketchy outing as well. Lee politely declined all of the offers. How I know? Strangely because Lee has been stuck by my side the whole time. Any other time I would have been elated because of that. I was happy at first that I get to spend time with Lee, my best friend and crush. But that soon turned bitter when I heard all the gossip, the questions and let's just call them 'dating' requests from people. I mean who would like to hear their crush being asked out by the whole damn school? Also, I am pretty sure most of them don't even like Lee like that but after all the rumor and the video she now has a bad reputation. Just one video was all it took for people in this school to create this reputation for Lee.

Finally, its Friday. The day our dreadful exams end. All of us have been busy revising for exams to meet. But I did notice a thing happening beside the lake. I cannot recall if it happened last year as well. But I think it did. There was some sort of festival last weekend here. This crazy thing started as soon as it was December. I mean if it was there last year, I am sure we would have gone at least once. But then again who knows? This year though, I am planning to see what it is all about this weekend. As I walk out to the parking lot to ask my friends about it, I notice a car there that I do not recognize. Soon, I see Lee walking out of the school. She is heading in my direction but then she sees the car and turns that way. I lift my hand, but no sound come from me. Jeff puts his hand on my shoulder as a sign of condolence. And I glare at him. He smirks knowing what he did. But then I turned just in time to see Lee hop in the car and wave us bye as they drive off. While driving off, I noticed it was Olivia who was driving the car. Great!