Chapter 13

I left the parcel alone. You would think I would want to know instantly seeing as I was getting a feeling that something was about to happen all day yesterday. But I didn't. I have no idea what reasoning to give you, as the reason I gave myself was the vaguest one possible. I mean I literally told myself, later as it can haunt me and can destroy my life here, later as well. So, why not wait it out. I know it is the worst possible reasoning, anyone has ever heard. Yet, here I am staring at the unopened parcel, as if it is taunting me. Also, fun fact, I have no clue who sent it to me. I mean it cannot be anyone from back home, as no one knows I am here, except maybe Aaron. But he won't. Why would he after we broke up? That chapter is over, also I am not sure he has Tori's address. And my new friends, well why would they send me something when they could easily hand it to me whenever we meet.

The mystery of the parcel baffled me, especially about the sender. Yet, I did not open it. Only thing I did with it is take it to my room instead of leaving it in the living room. Now it is under my bed, as I felt it was staring at me last night after I returned from hanging out with Charlie and people. Yes, I went to the hangout. I was a little late, I guess. But it was Friday so, late is early as quoted by Charlie herself. Silver was there so were the guys and Alice and June. Guess who talked to me yesterday? You guessed it, Alice and June, mind you it was just to ask me how I am, but still words, directed to me. It was progress for them I should say. We hung out, did not do much shit. We smoked for a bit, then talked rubbish as some of us were high enough not to make sense, while the rest of us were still enjoying the 'chill' feeling. Charlie's description as only three of us sorry four if I do not include Jeffrey, even though we all know he was super high. So, Silver, Charlie and I were not in that super high land, hence we were aware of the reality and also of the garbage the others talked about. I mean I say garbage because it stopped making any sense after a while, they would start a topic, then not finish it and switch to another one. As if they understood each other and they continued that conversation while the three of us looked at each other wondering what in the hell was happening?

In my high state I invited Charlie over today. Well, it was more like she asked me discreetly what I will be doing today, and I said I am going to paint the room. She showed interest and said if I need help painting, I could ask her, I thought. I don't think now she meant it literally, but I invited her all the same. She looked a little taken aback but then smiled and said yes. Only weird thing is she asked me to meet her at the hangout instead of asking my address or asking me to meet at her house. I mean I do not mind, but it seemed a little odd to me. Well, what can I say we were both high it was probably because of that she said to meet there. Its fine, I am telling myself, yet I am up by 7 this morning. I was up at 6 but forced myself to sleep for another hour seeing as today is Saturday.

I came in a little late last night. I think Tori is still wondering if she can ground me or not. Like how is she supposed to act as a legal guardian? She looked at me with raised eyebrows when I walked in more like waltzed in at around 11.30 last night. Also, I am sure she knew I was smoking seeing as the way she was looking at me. Liz smiled then covered her face with a cushion on the couch. I am sure to stop the sound of her laughter from reaching the kids. Tori tried to remain stoic and think what to do but soon joined Liz in laughing. They were laughing so hard that it was not possible for me not to join them. Soon we were all laughing. Although I do not have any idea why they were laughing, but it felt good to laugh with them. I missed this, us, the three of us carefree, happy and smiling. Like it once was.

I finally get up and shower then go out to find people in there. Kind of expected that but Liz was the only adult there along with a couple I don't know. I looked at them and took in the scene. The couple did not see me, they were busy talking to Liz. Alex and James were around, playing hide and seek I suppose by the couch. Noiselessly. I tried to ask them they both shushed me. So, I sat on the couch wondering if I should text Charlie, if yes then what to say? Suddenly I notice the couple stands up and goes to the door, they take Liz's hand and shakes it furiously, like they are very grateful. Then Liz bids them bye and closes the door. Releasing a deep breath, as if she was holding it in for a while. Tori then saunters into the room, walking down the stairs and goes over to Liz, kisses her temple while giving her a side hug. They both talk by the door before turning over to see us.