Chapter 22

The moment I woke up, I start smiling seeing Diane curled up beside me. Our arms are somehow intertwined. Not our palms mind you our full arms. How did that happen? I have no idea, but I like it. I am still smiling when I try to turn to lay flat on my back. It is a little hassle seeing that my hands are a little tied down. I finally turn and look to my left that is when I notice Lee sleeping at a little distance from me, from us. This is the moment I realized how awkward the situation is and it was last night.

Last night Diane and I kissed. It was so sweet, and it felt magical. But now that I am remembering it, it somehow feels sweeter even more than last night. But there is a little 'but' and that is the fact we kissed for a second time in my room lying so near to Lee. I was not aware of the awkwardness of the situation then but now I am. I know Lee was asleep. Still, it was a weird thing to do. And now I am conflicted whether or not I should tell Lee about it. Normally I would, considering she became my best friend in such a short amount of time. Yet, there is something that is making me pause. For one she does not know I am bisexual and secondly, I have no idea why, but I feel like she might not love it as much as I would like her to love the fact of us kissing.

I get up and freshen up before waking up my guests. I see that I am early. After I shower and get dressed, I wake up Lee first then Diane. I don't know why I chose this order, but I did. Lee smiles at me and looks at Diane when I go to wake her up before going to the bathroom. Diane looks at me with her face flushed. Not sure why she is blushing as soon as she wakes up. She is also avoiding any eye contact with me. I get up and start to go to the living room when Diane calls me back softly. I pause my movement and go to her.

"Kris, can I ask you something?" Diane asks ever so softly, something no one would expect her voice to be.

"Yeah, sure Diane." I say with as much sincerity I can muster. I am getting the sense she is hesitant about whatever she wants to ask me.

"Umm... you don't... I mean I would understand if you did. But umm...do you uh...regret what happened last night?" Diane says the last part of the sentence in an almost whisper.

"Regret. No. Not at all. Wait, do you?" I ask feeling uncertain about what I will do if she says yes.

"No. Of course not." Diane smiles at me.

"Good cause I enjoyed it very much." I blurt out and then my eyes widen and I am sure my ears are pink now.

"God you're so cute." Diane says standing up. I stand up too and then I stop her from moving by holding her arm.

"Wait. I want to ask you something."

"If you want to ask me about whether we are telling anyone or not, I will say let's wait and enjoy for a while before the storm comes knocking our way. What say?"

"Well yeah. Sure. I was not about to ask about that. But makes sense what you are saying. I wanted to ask you if you're out. I mean I just suddenly remember our conversation from few days ago. And..."

Diane laughed a little. "I am out. My parents know I am gay, and I came out in school too only I don't think people in school believed me. Seeing as I never did date anyone. Boy or girl. So, I am pretty sure they just laughed it off. I am saying it not because of some assumptions, but I have heard few comments about guys trying to ask me out and then they chicken out or something. Anyways. I remember that conversation and I am again sorry for asking you point blank."

"Diane in case you didn't realize I just asked you point blank just like you. Also, mine is worse since I asked you at this time, so early and also after you just got up in the morning." I groan at the realization.