Chapter 49

'Ho, ho, ho,

'tis the season of snow.'

I heard the annoying voice in my ear. I shooed it away. Again, Maize came and sang it in my ear. This time on my right side as I turned after she sang in my left ear.

'Ho, ho, ho,

'tis the season of snow.'

"Dammit Maize, let me sleep." I yell. I heard snickering. I did not even open my eyes to take a peek. I know that sound very well. You know when you have a ghost with you who loves Christmas and is not very ghost shy anymore, this is what happens. I don't know what happened, but Maize appears a lot more now. So, I presume she lost the new ghost shyness. Whatever that is. Or maybe she is just my subconscious in her form. Because no one else can see her except me. Even though Alex talks to her as if she can see. That reminds me that little nugget is still pissed at me. Not sure why? Like what did I do?

"Wakey, wakey,

Sleeping beauty."

I heard someone sing in my ear. I tried to swat it away. But this time I felt flesh touch my fingers instead of air. I quickly looked at the owner of the flesh to find a giggling Alex, trying to suppress her giggles by covering her mouth with her hands in an extremely cute manner. I smiled at that. Then I pulled her towards me with both hands. Alex gasped as she felt herself almost get lift off the ground but then landed on me. She started giggling yet again. Only this time she is on my chest and her giggles are sending vibrations to me, making me tickle. Alex tries to wiggle her way from me, but I hold her with a firm grip on me. She then tries to tickle me with her little fingers. It makes me smile and that loosens my grip. Alex takes that as an out and quickly detaches herself from me and runs towards the door. She does not go out though. She waits there looking back at me and giggles again. What?

"Good morning, Kiss. Morning Maisy." Alex shouts then runs away from my room giggling.

"Guess she is not angry anymore." I mumble.

'Oh Kris, she was never angry with you. She just wants you to be happy.' Maize replies. I look at her with 'what are you talking about' look. Maize just rolls her eyes. Then comes near my ear and shouts 'WAKE UP'. Finally, vanishing before I could swat her away. I laugh as I get up. Maize never fails to make me smile even if I am sad that day.

Slowly I walk out after doing my morning routine. Tori and Liz are both in a good mood today. As they are humming while putting breakfast on the table. Alex is somewhere giggling as I can hear her. And James is watching TV. Like he is frozen on the spot with whatever he is watching, has no idea of his surroundings. Damn! I click a picture of Tori and Liv because they are dancing a little in the kitchen and has no idea of their audience, that is me. So, that gives me the perfect opportunity to get to capture a pure sweet moment between them. After clicking the picture, Tori notices me, she smiles while Liz winks at me and twirls towards Tori. Wow. So, they don't mind that I am here nice. But what got them all in a good mood?

'Probably the fact that Christmas is near' Maize mutters in my ear.

"Maize stop doing that. Also, not everyone is as crazy about Christmas as you are. Again, where were you last year?" I whisper to Maize.

'Everyone loves Christmas Kris. Even you used when we all celebrated. Granted Mr. Monroe made it to be a business event and a marketing solution. Still, you enjoyed with us, my family, which is your family too Kris. As for last year. I was here. Of course, I was. But I did not say much. You were busy with your girlfriend and new friends. Plus, you found Tori after so many years. I did not think I should be disturbing you. I saw you though, having fun, smiling, enjoying Christmas as you should have in the past.'