Chapter 12

You know the feeling you sometimes have, that something is about to happen, well you shouldn't ignore it. I promised myself that once that I would never ever ignore it if I ever felt this way. And right now, that feeling is increasing from being a small ball in my stomach to a full-blown soccer ball size, and it is situated inside my stomach, gnawing at my sense. I can't ignore it, yet I cannot seem to be able to do something about it. I want to, believe me I want to. Except I have no idea what it is about.

Today I had a test in Math other than the homework, Charlie probably forgot to mention it to me. I was not prepared. And I am pretty sure I flunked. At first, I thought it was about that. Then the class ended and so did our exam, yet the feeling persisted. So, I thought it was about lunch, about feeling how the whole cafeteria is going to look at me again. Not just look but more like look and whisper to one another. That is what happens here. Even though it was almost an acute imagination of what was to happen, the feeling still persisted.

At lunch, the stares receded from my face after I entered and sat by my so-called friends. Then Charlie announced what happened to me. Amy came by to well 'offer condolences' on losing my sanity in the near future. At first, I was shocked at what she just said, then within few minutes it became apparent, what she said, and why she did. People started asking well anyone but me, what happened. Funny right? How the hell will anyone know except me, what really happened. That's when I learned the truth, no one here cares for the truth. They are bored out of their wits end and needs sustenance. And I am a pretty good one, as I am new and mysterious, according to Amy. So, they are taking a few liberties with molding my stories. The more I hear about myself from the others, the more I went insane learning about the insanity in some of the stories. Guess that is why Amy was mourning the death of my sanity. Makes sense, I might just join her in the wake.

That was nothing as what was about to come. The stories filled and by the end of the day all of them were beyond insane to even recount them. Nothing real was there in any of them. I mean, alien, vampire, some other supernatural character, also some said I am a superhero as well. I mean could they be more far-fetched? But I guess whatever keeps them entertained, I am glad to be of service.

School almost ended that is when the first thing happened. I was sure to go home, when Diane came to me and asked me to go to the gym. I followed her, clueless as to what is going on, suspicious not so much. As she did say I would still be a part of the squad. And I still am. I just sat there and watched them do the routine. Then Diane asked me to say who was weak, and whatnot. That angered Grace at first, but by the end they did the routine perfectly two times. That pleased Grace. Julie sat beside me once during a water break and I could see she wanted to say something, but she didn't. She just opened her mouth and closed it. Like a fish out of water. Good thing there were no flies there.

As I was going out of school, I assumed Tori would pick me up, but she would stay in the car like she usually does. But no, she came out and stood beside it. I saw Grace and Julie and some of the cheer girls whisper to each other and Diane snickered and slightly pushed me. Amy came forward, she was still in school. I mean technically school was out about an hour ago. So, I am not sure why Amy was there, but I was glad she was. She walked beside me, not that I needed a support, but she insisted. I am sure it was a ruse to see Tori up close. And I was right. As I also noticed Diane followed me. Then she passed me, shook Tori's hand and ran off to her car. Weird, and I was not the only one who thought that. Tori looked baffled by Diane, and Amy was snickering beside me.

The cheer squad waited for Amy and me to reach Tori, why I have no idea. Or I do, I just do not want to admit it. I will know it by Monday, that's for sure. Amy said hello shakily to Tori and then slowly walked away, leaving me to see what I just witnessed. Diane was still standing beside her car watching us, and Amy got in her car and drove off. The squad and the rest of the people still in school were also looking at us in a very interested manner. I mean I get the whole rumor thing, even the celebrity thing, but could they not make it obvious that they are drooling seeing my sister? Tori is my sister after all. It is a little weird for me to witness.