Chapter 7

I am an even bigger celebrity than I previously thought.

Well, I am not technically a celebrity, but maybe by association. It started as soon as I stepped into school on Tuesday. Saturday what I witnessed was nothing compared to the well for the lack of a better word overcrowding over me I faced today. People were fawning over me. Not me per se. They want answers. No. They demand answers. Well, I am yet to be aware of the questions myself to answer them. So, I did the next best thing. Evade them.

That did not work. Because my plan was in class no one would disturb me. Well, when gossip spreads and only one of the sentences there is true, it is a little hard to evade. During my second period, I heard that Diane introduced me to her friends and somehow that led me to be in front of Liz's car. Then I also heard, I was walking, and she almost hit me, hence she stopped to talk to me. There are also the better ones where I am in need of help, I purposefully harmed her car, even so much as harmed her. Also, someone told me I am sent here to spy on Liz. Therefore, I was shocked to see her, and I forced her to drive me away.

The beautiful little lies continued weaving its web all throughout morning. I just ignored them all. Even when anyone asked me if I hurt her, or I kidnapped her. Then if she gave me money. Like do you'll have so much free time to make such intricate stories? I paid no heed and marched to my locker before lunch. I put the things in my locker just as the bell rang. I was a little elated at the dumb sound reverberated throughout the whole building. Why? Because it drowned out the craziness that is in the air today. Also, the cafeteria is usually packed, and something always happens there, and I am hoping nah praying that something happens, and it drowns out this gossip.

Well, something did happen. Guess what? Bloody hell and I was involved again. So, remember the little 'chat' Diane and I had on Saturday at the mall's food court of sorts. Yeah, someone filmed it. And apparently, lunch is the best time to show it around. Then everyone received it via some kind of text, which I am not a part of yet. Hence, again I got stares. Some nasty ones, some 'brava' ones, some felt like a silent thank you. Others well they were from Diane and her posse so that is not to be counted. And my newfound friends. Let's just say they have questions.

"So, you know Eliza?" Danny asked.

"Yes."

"Cool." Charlie muttered softly. I am guessing 'not cool' since everyone just looked at her as soon as she uttered this word. As if the word 'cool' would now haunt them.

Little do they know what haunting feels like. Trust me I know. For I am haunted. Not by anyone but me. My memories, my past, also my present. Everything that led up to now somehow haunts me. This was the first time I spent September 3rd away from home. So, I am a little on the edge. Something happened on this date years back, but it left me with a scar. Well, some visible scars, others they are not so visible. Yet, they hold the strongest grip of all times. So, Sunday was the day. And I was all but cooped up in the room. I did not go out to eat, I did not eat period. Because I cannot eat. I was relieving everything in my brain, and I felt empty, hollow, broken, and dead. I just could not think to swallow food then. Finally, by evening I found a backdoor and there is a porch. I took a blanket and laid on it on the porch. I kept looking at the stars. Didn't even realize when the moon left the sky and sun came up. My eyes were open though.

There was only one person beside me. And no, it was not Tori or even Liz. It was Alex. When she came to me, I do not know. Only thing when I felt my eyes were the driest pieces of shit and red. I tried to rub them to ease the pain. I felt a little thing beside me, I turned to see a small body hanging onto me. More like clinging to my side and I had no idea she was there. It made me feel bad that she was there, as I had no idea. She must have felt a little cool outside. But we both had blankets covering us. I am guessing someone put a blanket on us. Still, Alex stayed by my side, the same Alex who kept shooting me daggers when I first met her.