Chapter 57

"I mean that with total respect, of course."

SKYE'S POV

~IMPALA, HIGHWAY – NIGHT~

"Drive faster, Dean." I say in panic. "I can't! Are you guys, okay?" Dean asks. "Yeah, amazing." Sam scoffs. "You ever seen that many?" I ask them. "No. No way, not in one place." Dean shakes his head as his head goes from the rear-view mirror to the road about every five seconds.

All of a sudden, the Impala starts to makes a quitting noise. "What the hell?" Dean asks in frustration as he steers the car to the side of the road, just in time for the car to quit. "Damn it!" Dean yells as he hits the steering wheel.

We all get out of the car with our weapons ready as four people appear in front of us. We hear from a bit away a man reciting an Enochian exorcism making the four people in front of us, scream before falling down, not moving.

"Well, that's something you don't see every day." I breathe heavily as my heart is just racing. "You three alright?" A man says, making us turn and we see a group of people. "Peachy." Dean says. "Be careful. It's...dangerous around here." The man in front says before turning around and telling the group to move out. "Whoa, wait." Sam calls to them.

"No need to thank us." The man says as they walk away. "No, hold up a sec! Who are you?" I ask them as we follow them, trying to catch up to them. "We're the Sacrament Lutheran Militia." A woman says as they stop and face us.

"I'm sorry the what?" Sam asks. "I hate to tell you this, but those were demons and this is the Apocalypse. So...buckle up." The man who was speaking before warns us. "Looks like we're in the same line of business." I say to them. "And among colleagues. That's a police-issued shotgun. That truck is, uh...inspired. Where'd you guys pick up all this crap?" Dean asks as we look at their weapons and vehicles behind them.

"You know you pick things up along the way." Another man says. "Guys, come on. This whole corner of the state is nuts with demon omens. We just want to help. That's all." I say. "We're on the same team here. Just talk to us." Sam says. "Follow us. Paul here will hook up your car to his truck and tow it into town." The man, who I am assuming is the leader since he has been the one doing most of the talking.

~CHURCH – DAY~

We follow Roy into a church, when we enter we see a wedding going on as he leads us to a room in the back. "Who would have thought the Apocalypse could be so romantic? Marriage, family...it's a blessing. Especially in times like this. So, hold on to that." I hear the pastor say.

"A wedding?" I question Roy. "Seriously?" I scoff. "Yeah. We've had eight so far this week." Roy says as we sit down, just then cheering and people yelling congratulations are heard as the Pastor walks into the room we are in. Roy gets up and whispers in his ear.

The Pastor nods and Roy leaves us alone with him. "So Rob tells me you three hunt demons." The pastor says as he takes a seat at his desk. "Uh...yes sir." Sam nods. "You missed a few." He says. "Yeah. Tell us about it. Any idea why they're here?" I ask him but he shakes his head. "They sure seem to like us, though. Follow me." He smiles as he stands up and heads for the door.

We get up and follow him. "So you're a preacher?" Dean asks. "Not what you expected, huh?" He chuckles. "Well, dude, you're packing." Sam says, nodding towards the gun on his hip. "Strange times." He says as we go through a door, leading to the church's basement.

My eyes widen as I see a kid packing salt rounds. "Is that a twelve-year-old packing salt rounds?" I ask him. "Everybody pitches in." He says. "So, the whole church?" Dean asks. "The whole town." The pastor states. "A whole town full of hunters. I don't know whether to run screaming or buy a condo." Dean chuckles.

"Well the demons were killing us. We had to do something." He sighs. "So why not call the National Guard?" Sam asks him. "We were told not to." He says. "By who?" I question but he doesn't answer.

"Come on, Padre. You're as locked and loaded as we've ever seen. And that exorcism was Enochian. Someone's telling you something." Dean says. The Pastor turns to us, frowning. "Look, I'm sorry, I, uh, I can't discuss it." He says.

A young blonde woman comes up behind him, looking at us. "Dad, it's okay." She smiles. "Leah..." "It's Skye Lacey, Sam and Dean Winchester. They're safe. I know all about them." She says.

"You do?" I look at her questionably. How the hell does this woman know about us.

"Sure. From the angels." She smiles. "The angels. Awesome." Dean scoffs. "Don't worry. They can't see you here. The...marks on your ribs, right?" She giggles. "So you know all about us because angels told you?" Sam asks.

"Yes. Among other things." She nods. "Like the snappy little exorcism spell." Dean says. "And they show me where the demons are going to be...before it happens. How to fight back." She adds. "Never been wrong. Not once. She's very special." Her father says proudly.

"Dad." She blushes. "And let me guess. Before you see something, you get a really bad migraine. You see flashing lights?" Sam asks. "How'd you know?" She asks him. "Cause you're not the first prophet we've met. But you are the cutest." He blushes, making the Pastor give him a look.

"I mean that with total respect, of course." Sam stutters.