Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Yeah, me to."

~BACK AT JESSE'S HOME~

Dean kicks down the front door and we go into the house, finding Jesse sitting on the couch in the living room. "Jesse was there a man in a trench coat here?" I ask him. He points in front of him and I look to where he is pointing to on the floor: there is an action figure wearing Castiel's suit and trench coat, holding what looks like an angel blade.

Dean walks past me and picks the action figure up and looks at me. "Was he your friend?" He sniffles. "Him? No." I say to him. "I did that. But how did I do that?" He asks. "You're a superhero." Dean says to him.

"I am?" He asks. "Yeah. Yeah. I mean, who else could turn someone into a toy? You're Superman...minus the cape and the go-go boots. See, my partner and I, we're here to take you to a hidden base in South Dakota, where you'll be trained to fight evil." I say to him. "Like the X-Men?" He asks, smiling wide. "Exactly like the X-Men." I smile down at him. "In fact, the, uh, guy we're taking you to..he's even in a wheelchair. You'll be a hero. You'll save lives. You'll get the girl. Sounds like fun, right?" Dean chuckles.

All of a sudden Dean and I get flung into a wall, we look up and see a demon. "Stay right there, dreamboats. Can't hurt you two. Orders. You though Skye? Hurting you's encouraged." She smirks as she flicks his wrist and slams me against the opposite wall, then back. I scream out in pain. "No! Stop it!!!" Dean yells. "Leave her alone!" Jesse yells.

I close my eyes as I cry out in pain.

"Jesse. You're beautiful. You have your father's eyes." I hear the demon say. "Who are you?" Dean asks. "I'm the boys mother." She says. "No, you're not." Jesse says. "Mmh-hm. You're half human...half one of us." The demon says to him. "She means demons, Jesse!" I cry out to him. "Those people you call your parents...they lied to you, too. You're not theirs...not really." The demon says.

"My mom and dad love me." Jesse says to him angrily. "Do they? Is...is that why they leave you alone all day? Because they love you so much? These people...these imposters...they told you that the tooth fairy was real and that your toys could hurt you and a hundred other things that aren't true. They love you so much, they made your whole life a lie. Look into your heart, Jesse. You've always known you weren't theirs. You've always known you were different. Everyone has lied to you. They're not FBI agents. And you're not a superhero." She says to him.

"Then what am I?" Jesse sniffles. "You're powerful. You can have anything you want. You can do anything you want." She snickers. "Don't listen to her, Jesse!" I yell at him. "They treated you like a child. Nobody trusted you. Everybody's lied to you. Doesn't that make you angry?" She asks him.

The room starts to rattle as the lights start to flicker. "See? It does make you angry. But I'm telling you the truth, Jesse." She says to him as things begin to shatter. "Wouldn't it be better if there were no lies? Come with me and you can wash it all clean. Start over. Imagine a world without lies." She says. "She's right. We lied to you." I sigh. "But I'll tell you the truth." I say but I start to fell pressure on my throat. "I just want...to tell..." I gasp out. "Stop it." He sniffles as Dean and I fall to the ground. I gasp for air as the pressure is gone. "I want to hear what he has to say." He says. "You're stronger than I thought." She smirks as I stand up, along with Dean.

"We lied to you. And I'm sorry. So here's the truth. I'm Sam Winchester. That's my brother, Dean. W...we hunt monsters." I say. "Except when one of your buddies is a monster." She snickers.

"And that woman right there, her name is Julia. She's your mother. But the thing inside of her, the thing that you're talking to...it's a demon." I tell him. "A demon?" He asks. "They have done nothing but lie to you since the moment you met them. Don't listen to them. Punish them." The demon says. "Sit down and shut up." He says.

A chair scoots up behind the demon, who is forced into it, struggling to speak. "There's, uh, kind of a...a war between angels and demons, and...you're a part of it." I tell him the truth. "I'm just a kid." He says. "You can go with her if you want. We won't stop you. No one can. But if you do...millions of people will die." I say. "She said I was half demon. Is that true?" He asks.

"Yes. But you're half human, too. You can do the right thing. You've got choices, Jesse. But if you make the wrong ones, it'll haunt you for the rest of your life." I say. "Why are you telling me this?!" He yells. "Because we believe in you." I say.

"Get out of her." Jesse says to the demon that is in his mother. The chair flies back against the wall as black smoke pours out of Julia's mouth and vanishes up the chimney. "How did you do that?" I ask. "I just did." He shrugs. "Kid...you're awesome." Dean chuckles.

"Is she gonna be all right?" He asks as I look over at Julia who is slumped in the chair. "Eventually." Dean says. "Look, uh, truth is, he's kind of a buddy of mine. Is there any way you could turn him back?" I ask Jesse as I show him the action figure of Cas.

"He tried to kill me." He says. "Right. Uh. But he's a...he's a good guy at heart. He is just confused right now." I say but he says nothing. "Okay. It's been a long night. We'll...talk about it later." Dean says as he puts Castiel's action figure back on the mantel.

"What now?" He asks. "Now we take you someplace safe, get you trained up. You'd be handy in a fight, kid." I say. "What if I don't want to fight?" He asks. "Jesse. You're powerful. More powerful than...pretty much anything we've ever seen. That makes you...." I try to find the words. "A freak." He says. "To some people, maybe. But not to us. See, we're kind of freaks ourselves." I say. "I can't stay here, can I?" He asks. "No. The demons know where you are, and more will be coming." Dean says. "I won't go without my mom and dad." He sniffles.

"There's nothing more important than family. We get that. And if you really want to take them with you, we'll back your play. But you got to understand...it's gonna be dangerous for them, too." I say to him.

"What do you mean?" He asks. "Our dads...they would take us with him wherever they went." He says. "Where are they now?" He asks. "Dead. Demons killed them." I sigh. "Look, Jesse...once you're in this fight you're in it till the end, win or lose." Dean says. "What should I do?" He asks. "We can't tell you. It's your choice. It's not fair. I know." I say. "Can I go see my parents? I...I need to say goodbye." He says. "Sure." I say as he begins to run up the stairs.

A few moments has passed and Jesse still hasn't come back down yet, so Dean and I head upstairs to his room to find it empty. "He's gone." I say to Dean as we turn around to leave but see Castile back to his normal self, standing in the door way.

"Where?" Dean asks. "I don't know. Jesse put everyone in town back to normal...the ones still alive. Then he vanished." Castiel says as I notice a note on his bed. "Hey." I say. "What does it say?" Dean asks me as I look at the note and read it. "That he had to leave to keep his parents safe, that he loves them, and he's sorry." I say.

"How do we find him?" Dean asks. "With he boy's powers, we can't. Not unless he wants to be found." Castiel tells us.

~IMPALA – NIGHT~

"You think Jesse's gonna be okay?" I ask Dean. I hear him take a deep breathe. "I hope so." He breathes out. "You know, we destroyed that kid's life by telling him the truth." I say. "We didn't have a choice, Skye." He sighs. "Yeah. I know, I'm starting to get why parents lie to their kids. You want them to believe that the worst thing out there is mixing Pop Rocks and Coke, protect them from the real evil. You want them going to bed feeling safe. If that means lying to them, so be it. The more I think about it...the more I wish our parents had lied to us." Dean scoffs.

"Yeah, me to." I sigh as I stare out the window.