Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Then could you tell me? Cause I don't, all right? I'm not a good writer. I've got no marketable skills. I'm not some hero who can just hit the road and fight monsters, ok? Until the World ends, I gotta live, all right? And the Supernatural books are all I've got. What else do you want me to do?"

DEAN'S POV

~HOTEL AUDITORIUM~

A small crowd sits facing the stage that Chuck is standing on. "Welcome to the first annual Supernatural convention. At 3:45 in the Magnolia room we have the panel, Frightened little boy, the secret life of Dean. And at 4:30 there's the Homoerotic subtext of Supernatural. Oh, and of course the big hunt starts at 7pm sharp. But first any questions?" He asks.

Every hand in the room goes up. "Uh...you?" He asks pointing to a skinny young man in the front row. "Hey, Mr. Edlund. Uh...big fan. I was just wondering, where'd you come up with Skye, Dean and Sam in the first place?" The man asks.

"Oh, ah, I...it just came to me." Chuck smiles. "Ok. Yeah. The hook man." He says as he points to another. "Ah yeah. Why in every fight scene, Sam, Skye and Dean are having their gun knocked away by the bad guy? Why don't they keep it on some kind of bungee?" The man asks in a heavy thick german accent.

"I...yeah, I really don't know." Chuck chuckles nervously. "Ja, follow up. Why can't Skye, Dean and Sam be telling that Ruby is evil? I mean she is clearly manipulating Sam into some kind of moral lapse. It's obvious, nein?" The Hook man asks.

"Hey! If you don't like books don't read em Fritz." Becky yells at him as she heads over to him. "Ok, ok, just...okay, it's okay. So, next question." Chuck says as he scans the crowd. "Yeah, you." He says as he picks someone from the crowd. "Yeah, at the end of the last book, Dean goes to hell. So, what happens next? What about Skye and Dean's baby?" The fan asks.

My breath feels like it's been sucked out of me as I hear those words...

"Oh. Well there lies an announcement, actually. You're all going to find out." Chuck says and I look at him as the crowd screams and cheers. "Thanks to a wealthy Scandinavian investor, we're going to start publishing again." Chuck smiles before walking off the stage and heading towards us. "What." I say as angry sets in.

"So, Becky...I was wondering...ahem...are you doing any..." "Excuse us." I interrupt Him while he was trying to ask out Becky. "In case you haven't noticed, our plates are kind of full, okay? Finding the Colt, hunting the devil. We don't have time for this shit." I say to him.

"Hey, I didn't call you." He glares. "He means the books, Chuck. Why are you publishing more books?" Skye scoffs at him. "Um...for food and shelter?" Chuck chuckles. "Who gave you the rights to our life story?" Sam asks. "An archangel, and I didn't want it!" Chuck says.

"Well, deal's off, ok. No more books. Our lives are not forpublic consumption." Kylie says to him. "Ah...Becky. Would you excuse us fo just a second?" Chuck asks her and she nods quickly. "Uh-huh!" She smiles and leaves.

"Do you guys know what I do for a living?" Chuck asks. "Yeah Chuck, we know." I roll my eyes. "Then could you tell me? Cause I don't, all right? I'm not a good writer. I've got no marketable skills. I'm not some hero who can just hit the road and fight monsters, ok? Until the World ends, I gotta live, all right? And the Supernatural books are all I've got. What else do you want me to do?" Chuck asks.

A woman's scream comes from upstairs and we take off toward the sound.