Chapter 40

"She wants to build a bomb, Dean."

________________________________________________________________________

DEAN'S POV

"k c 5 Fox Delta Oscar, come in." I say into the radio. "K C 5 Delta Oscar, go ahead." Bobby says over the CB radio. "Bobby, it's Dean. We got problems." I say. "It's okay, boy. That's why I'm here. Is everyone alright?" He asks and I sigh. "No. It's...It's Jo. Bobby, it's pretty bad." I breathe out. "Okay. Copy that. So, now we figure out what we do next." He says.

"Bobby, I don't think she's..." I trail off. "I said, what do we do next, Dean?" He asks. "Right. Okay, right." I take a deep breathe in before exhaling. "Now, tell me what you got." He says. "Cas said there was a bunch of reapers and he took off but we haven't been able to find him." I inform him.

"Before he went missing, did Cas say how many reapers?" He asks. "I don't...he said a lot of things Bobby, I guess. Does the number matter?" I ask. "Devil's in the details, Dean." He says as I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look to see it's Skye. I hand the microphone over to her.

"Bobby, its Skye. The way he was looking, the number of places Castiel's eyes wen, I'd say we're talking over a dozen reapers, probably more." She says. "I don't like the sound of that." He says. "Nobody likes the sound of that, Bobby, but what does that sound like?" I ask. "It sounds like death, son. I think Satans in town to work a ritual. I think he's planning to unleash Death" He suggests.

"You mean, like, as in the dude and taxes are the only sure thing?" I ask. "As in Death. The horsemen. The pale rider in the flesh." He says. "Unleash? I mean, hasn't Death been tromping all over the place? Hell, Dean's died several times." Skye says.

"Not this guy. This is...this is the angel of Death. Big Daddy reaper. They keep this guy chained in a box six hundred feet under. Last time they hauled him up, Noah was building a boat. That's why the place is crawling with reapers. They're waiting on the big boss to show." Bobby says.

"You have any other good news?" I ask. "In a manner of speaking, I have been researching Carthage since you've been gone, trying to suss out what the devil might want there. What you just said drops the last piece of the puzzle in place. The angel of death must be brought into this world at midnight through a place of awful carnage. Now, back during the Civil War, there was a battle in Carthage. A battle so intense the soldiers called it the Battle of Hellhole." Bobby explains.

"Where'd the massacre go down?" Skye asks. "On the land of William Jasper's farm." Bobby says. "Thanks Bobby." I say before shutting off the radio and head over to Sam, Ellen and Jo, along with Skye.

"That's my girl, you're okay." Ellen whispers to Jo. "We know where the devil's gonna be, we know when, and we have the colt." I say. "Yeah. We just have to get past eight or so hellhounds and get to the farm by midnight." Skye sighs.

"Yeah, and that's after we get Jo and Ellen the hell out of town." Sam says. "Won't be easy." I sigh. "Stretcher?" Skye asks. "I'll see what we got." Sam says before he starts to look around. "Stop. Guys. Stop." Jo whimpers.

"Can we, uh, be realistic about this, please? I can't move my legs. I can't be moved. My guts are being held in by an ace bandage. We gotta...we gotta get our priorities straight here. Number one, I'm not going anywhere." She says.

"Joanna Beth, you stop talking like that." Ellen sniffles. "Mom. I can't fight. I can't walk. But I can do something. We got propane, wiring, rock salt, iron nails, everything we need." She says. "Everything we need?" I ask, confused. "She wants to build a bomb, Dean." Skye's voice cracks.