Chapter 40

I lived in New York after I graduated in MBA.

My family, Zea and Atarah went here to celebrate with me, we also did a late celebration for their graduation.

While Emma, this girl really can't let me go. Yes, she stayed in Switzerland, but almost in every weekend I am in New York, she was here as well.

Sabi niya may pera naman siya, may sarili din silang eroplano, so gagamitin na lang daw niya every weekend. Palaging bumubisita sakin from Friday until Sunday. Kahit nasa apartment lang kami ay okay lang sa kanya. Pero kahit papaano, busy din naman siya sa pag-handle ng sarili niyang clothing business.

While for my family, they always visit me in New York every year. Charles is already in college, took a Marine Engineering course and Raven is going to enroll for grade one on June. While mom is pregnant again, she just announced it to me yesterday that she's one month pregnant.

I can't keep with the time, last time I just arrived in Switzerland and now I will celebrate my third year, here in New York.

New York is really the country that I wanted to build my name as a designer. It's like fashion and luxury is known here. And I think, I really did well when I went here.

I am more independent, because I really don't have any relatives living here.

I got employed in one of the known clothing brands here in New York after two months of just job hunting and touring around here in New York. Me being already known in IG, helped me a lot to be here. I also used my FB and IG to promote my designs and also to collect more followers and influencers who will model my designs.

I just focused on my work for a year and a half, then I started to accept clients which is mostly influencers, models or famous celebrities here in New York.

A lot of people were praising and appreciating my designs. and I'm grateful for all of them that although they haven't wear any of the clothes that I made; they still appreciate it.

I submitted an application for one of the most known fashion weeks here in New York and looks like the luck is on my side, because they accepted my designs for the fashion week.

I am walking around the NY Time Square; this is the hobby I developed for me to relax and free my mind.

I need to relax before I busy myself with all the workloads. I entered Starbucks to buy my favorite drink.

"I've been calling for you and you didn't even answer it" James said and sit beside me.

Ever since we met in Switzerland, we never lose a contact to each other, and now I am in New York, it's much more convenient for him to visit me, just like Emma.

"Well, you knew that I am not able to check my phone if it's weekend. It's my 'Me time'. Hello?" I said and then he laughed before he went on the counter to order.

We became friends again, but then when I moved here in New York, he also told me that he wanted to court me. That he still likes me, even after so many years of not seeing me.

At first, I really didn't give him any chance. It's like I don't want to be in that kind of relationship again, but then he's very consistent.

"I am going to show my feelings to you. Maybe I don't have a chance at all but then let me show you that I really like you. At kung ayaw mo talaga, then I will respect it" James said.

"Aren't you wasting your time to me. I can't give you assurance, but then you're so busy making effort for me, instead of finding someone there" I said to him.