Chapter 2

My April was spent with my family, Sev and his family. Sometimes I am at their house, sometimes he will go to our house for us to play or read books or swim in our pool.

Today is May 1, mommy invited tita Lucille to plan for my birthday party because it will be my 7th birthday on May 16. And mommy wants to celebrate it with a lot of visitors.

"I want her to have the 7 roses, those roses will be from her dad, two grandfather, she also has three boy cousins, older than her. I think Sev will be the last one, she isn't that close with the other kids in our village e"

I heard my mommy said while they were in the sofa, and I am playing jackstone with Sev, I taught him how to play it. Nung una ayaw niya, pero wala din siyang nagawa.

"Do you hear that?" I asked him while he's concentrating on our game

Umiling lang siya at naglaro na ng jackstone, level 1 palang siya.

"You will dance me sa birthday ko. Do you even know how to dance?" sabi ko habang pinapanuod siyang maglaro, kasi baka dayain niya ko.

"Dance for what?" tanong niya na di man lang ako pinapansin dahil naglalaro pa siya

"Hello? It's for my 7th birthday, I will have 7 roses" paliwanag ko

"I knew what 7th birthday and 7 roses means. But why do I have to dance?" tanong niya at lumingon na sakin

"Hayss. On my birthday you will give me a rose and then dance me, just like how a prince danced with a princess. I have daddy, my two grandpa and my three kuyas na pinsan ko, so you will be the last one as my best friend."

Tumatango lang siya at natalo sa level 3. "Your turn" sabi niya sabay bigay sakin ng bola sa jackstone.

"As my best friend, you have to learn that dance if you don't know how to do it. What do you think is the theme?" I said while playing jackstone

"I think it will be a princess-like birthday. It will suit you for sure" he said and I nodded while my attention is on the game.

"Of course, I'm everyone's princess" I said while smiling like a proud kitten because I passed every round of jackstone

"Yes, you are"

"You lose. Jackstone lang di ka pa manalo sakin" sabi ko sa kanya

"Because it's a game for girls"

After a few minutes, tita Lucille called us for meryenda. While we are having our meryenda, mommy said that we will celebrate my birthday with a theme that I want.

"Princess po mommy. Snow White or Cinderella po"

Mommy agreed and then they proceed talking about the party.

"What do you like as a gift?" Sev asked all of a sudden

"I can't tell it; I want to be surprise on my birthday" sabi ko habang umiiling

"Alright." He said and he just looked at me and shook his head before he eats his burger.

Tiningnan lang niya ako at umiling bago kumain ng burger.

Tomorrow morning, I invited Sev to swim at our house, when I went in their house together with my yaya, tita Lucille said that Sev is sick and she is preparing a porridge for him.

I am still in PJ and maybe I should help tita first before I go home "Pwede akong mag-help tita?"

"Of course, Lili, you can carry his medicine. Here" tita said and hand me the cooling patch and a medicine.