Chapter 38

I am currently walking my way to school, Emma already texted me that she's there already. I really wanted to save the money I will use for the gasoline; I will just save it and use it to buy necessities.

"What took you so long?" Emma asked when I sit beside her.

"Of course, I just walked my way here. I am not the flash" I answered her and then greeted my everyone.

"You should always call me when you're okay to go, so I can fetch you in your apartment." She said while pouting.

I am lucky that I met her. Another sister from a different mother.

"Yes, ma'am!" I said and laughed when she rolled my eyes at me. although I don't have any plans to do that, nakakahiya kasi e. She already helped me in a lot of things, tapos aasa pa ba ako sa kanya when it come to my transportation.

We just talked until our professor came. She discussed about finance and marketing technique.

"Do you think you can include a swimsuit in the set of clothes for winter collection?" our professor asked one of my classmates.

My professor for finance and marketing techniques is actually intimidating, but then you shouldn't be intimidated when she's asking you a question. Kasi mas gigisahin ka niya kapag nakita niya na kinakabahan ka sa kanya. Kahit na confident ako sa sagot mo, kapag kabado ka sa teacher mayayari ka talaga.

"Yes, because" my classmate Ynah answered and think of her next words nervously.

"Because?" our professor asked and looking at her seriously.

My classmate answered her, but our prof is not satisfied with her answer.

"Anyone?" she asked and looked to all of us, until her eyes landed to me. Oh damn!

Even though I knew that I am smart and knowledgeable enough, I still don't want my professor looked at me that way. Like I am her target. Nakaka-kaba kaya.

Target-locked!

Emma tapped my knee and I tapped hers too. it's like a silent conversation between the two of us. She's nervous as well, kasi baka siya ang sunod na matawag. I remembered one of Emma's joke when we became friends.

"We shouldn't be seen. You are smart and I am just an average girl, our prof is always calling my name after you answer their question. They're expecting that I am smart, because you are my friend." She said while laughing. "But then you were always stressed because there's a lot of people who knew you, even if you don't know them. And that's because of me. So maybe, I should just study hard, just like how you adjust with my popularity"

I came back to reality when Emma tapped my knee again. I then smiled at our professor.

"How about you, Ms. Milina. Do you think you should include a swimsuit for winter collection?" she asked me and my classmates looked at me.

Good thing I already prepared my answer earlier. I sighed deeply before I stand up.

"Yes" I said and she smiled.

"And why? We all know that what we need is warmth when it's already winter season. So why include a swimsuit when you can just go with the norm? Thick jackets and boots"

"I will include a swimsuit for winter collection, because someone may prefer to wear it at winter. We people have different kind of taste and preferences when it comes to fashion. For example, I sometimes wore a jacket when it's obviously summer. I wore short skirts even if it's winter. Because that's how I like to style myself. That's my style. What if I want to swim during winter season, should I wear thick jackets instead of swimsuits?" I said and she's just nodding her head at me. The others were looking at me as well.