Chapter 3

Today is my first day of school as a grade one student. I don't know but I am excited and a little sad, I already miss Atarah. Mas masaya if I will go to school with her. I planned to show her my new things pa naman.

Last week we went to the mall together with tita Lucille, tito Alfred and Sev. We bought school supplies. Mom bought a lot of things in the mall for me.

While Sev is Grade 2 already. He's not that excited like me though, he just transferred to our school. He said that his school in Seattle is a big school, but it's not the same as our school now which is private.

I am curious how is it like to be in the public school? Is it more fun to go there? Anong pinagkaiba ng private school sa public?

Mommy took a picture of me in my uniform.

"We will do this every year" she explained when I asked her kung para saan ang picture.

Sev is waiting in front of the gate, so mommy also took a picture of us. Sabi ni Sev lagi daw siyang mag-aabang para sabay kami ng sakay sa school bus.

Mommy bid us goodbye before we enter the bus. We are the first student inside. Madami pang upuan kaya makakapili kami ng gusto kong pwesto.

"What with the frown?" Sev asked behind me because I got to enter the bus first

"Ako sa may bintana ha" sabi ko at deretso upo sa may likuran ng driver

He just tsked before he sits beside me. He was carrying my lunch box and his lunch box too. He just held it, so I just let him.

"You should be happy, it's your first day"

"Masaya naman ako, but then Atarah, I miss her already. Wala akong masyadong kaclose sa room" I sadly answered him.

"You still have me. You also have a lot of friends so it will be okay. Believe me" he said after my classmate during kinder entered the bus and greet me with a smile.

"Okay" I said and greeted my old classmates from kinder, who were entering the bus.

Sev don't leave my side even though I am already talking with my friends who's also my classmates. He pointed at his classroom, near to our room.

He gave me my lunch box before I enter the room. "Wait for me during lunch time." I just nodded on what he said and bid my goodbye to him.

The teacher said that we will leave our bags inside after she did our seating arrangement. I am at the back again because of my surname.

She guided us during the flag ceremony. And because I'm a little bit small, I am almost in front of the line. Sobrang dami ng student from grade one hanggang sa grade six. We are inside the gymnasium for our flag ceremony and some announcements for the first day of school.

I can't find Sev, so I just focus on the flag ceremony. I suppose to wave my hand to him pa naman.

We did some introduction, as well as our teachers. When the bell rang for the recess, my friends told me that they will go at the cafeteria, I told them that I will wait for Sev in front of our room.

Sev is with a boy when I saw him walking towards me. I waved my hand at him and smiled cheekily.

"Hello" I greeted Sev and his friend as well. Buti, he has a friend aside from me.

Nginitian naman ako ng kaibigan niya.

"Ako nga pala si Noa. Ikaw si Liya diba?" tumango lang ako sa sinabi niya at nagsimula ng maglakad kasabay sila papunta sa cafeteria