Chapter 19

What happened on that day? He just left me in the swing after he said that and bid goodbye, for me to think. He said that he will give me time, enough time until I want to talk about it again. I wanted to talk to him, but I'm scared. His birthday is approaching and I promised to be with him in his every birthday. What am I going to do?

Zea and Atarah already knew what happened, I just can't keep it because it really stressed me. I am so prone in overthinking about this matter. I mean it's our friendship, I don't like him the way he likes me, but I don't want to hurt him with the truth.

Should I just talk about this with mommy, dad might freak out.

"Mom" I called her when she was about to leave my room after checking if I'm sleeping. She faced me.

"Yes, baby?" she asked and sit beside me in my bed.

"I have a problem"

"Are you in pain? What's the problem?" she asked worriedly.

"It's Sev" I answered and she just waited for me to proceed talking about my problem and I did.

"So that boy finally confessed. I mean, he is so obvious. Lalo na nung may nakilala kang surfer do'n sa beach, do'n ko napatunayan ang mga assumptions ko. Then lately every time na nasa bahay sila, makikita ko na lang siya na tulala, 'yun pala nakatingin siya sayo habang nagsasalita ka. Then he talked to us about it. Bata pa lang, pero alam na niya kung ano ang ginagawa niya. He confessed his feelings for you, to us first. He said that he just wants to asked for a chance to us, if he can court you once the time is right." Mom said while caressing my cheeks. "But we told him that he must ask you if you will give him a chance. We want you to learn how to decide well, not just in simple things but also in the complicated ones."

I just sighed deeply. I don't even know what to do.

"Should I talk to him already? I felt like I need to do that, but I'm scared. Paano po kung ayaw ko siyang bigyan ng chance, tapos lumayo siya sakin. He's my best friend. But then, if I give him a chance, our friendship might get ruin if things come to worst, I didn't even like him the same way" I honestly said to mommy, seeking for any advice that will help me. She just smiled at me.

"You see, baby you're still young but you are mature enough to think of other's feelings. Yung iba na ka-edad mo, they will just think of themselves and what will benefit them. Talk to him if you already wanted to do it. You can make decisions that you will regret and it's okay, because it will give you a lesson in life. You can think of it more, before you decide. We will support you, whatever your decision will be."

That night ended with me having a hard time thinking of the thing I must do.

"Should I talk to Sev already?"

Nagkatinginan naman sila Zea at Atarah na tipong nag-iisip ng kung anong isasagot sa akin.

"Bahala ka. Kung anong gusto mong gawin, susuportahan ka naman naming dalawa." Sagot ni Zea sakin matapos niyang uminom ng tubig.

"Yeah. It will depend on you, he's not rushing you to decide. You can talk to him with your decision about giving him a chance or not. Just talk about it and it will clear your mind and help you decide on things"

I guessed it's really depend on me. I took my phone and composed a text for Sev.

Ako:

"Sev, let's talk"

I sent it and I don't know why I'm so nervous.

"Don't be so nervous. It's just Sev, he won't bite, no need to be scared. You know that he can't resist you or hurt you" Atarah said when she noticed that I'm nervous while waiting for Sev's reply.