Chapter 26

"When should I say 'I love you' to a person?" I asked mommy after that night when Sev said 'I love you' to me. He just kissed my forehead and then he didn't demand any answer. It's just that I don't know if it's the right time to say that three words.

It's my first-time hearing those from him too.

"It will depend on you. If you feel like you love that person already, then you can tell him that" mom said while we are in my room.

"When will I feel that love? Is there any basis that what I'm feeling is love or just like? I just don't want to tell him 'I love you' without assurance"

"Love don't have any basis. You will just feel it here" mom said and pointed at her heart. "You will know it's love if your heart says so. But it's not the heart who will control it, but the mind. Our mind knew if we love someone, if we got jealous, were happy, were sad, were irritated because of that special person. The mind will tell you that you really love him because you got jealous, because you're happy around him or what. Your mind will control your heart, then your heart will beat fast because of that signal from the mind. That's why there is a saying 'your heart beats fast when you're in love', do you get me?" mom said and I nodded.

"But Sev is that person to me. He makes me happy every day. He makes me feel irritated when he's being stubborn. He always made me blushed. He just doesn't make me feel jealous, because he's always assuring me that I'm just his only one. He always shows me how proud he is that I am his girlfriend" I said to her and she smiles to me.

"And I am so happy for you. You know, it's not easy to find a right love at a right time. Lalo na at mga bata pa kayo. Sev can be your first love, but not last. Sev can be your first and last, but you know what's important? It's the now, don't think of the possibilities that you might have a fight, that you might break apart. Think of today, enjoy being in the moment. Enjoy being with a person who can make you happy" mom said and I nodded.

Today is the start of our sembreak. Sev seriously planned a lot of dates for the who sembreak.

"More than a year of courting and here we are now, expecting our 5th month of being in a relationship. I just really don't know how fast the time flies so fast" Sev said while we are in our garden and watering the plants.

"Yeah, I remember our first monthsary. We were so lost, because we don't know how to celebrate it, so we just end up having a swimming party with the others in your house. Napaka biglaan, buti lahat sila ay walang ginagawa nung 27" sabi ko at tumawa naman siya.

"You're my first girlfriend, you were even the first girl I liked and courted, what do you expect me to do? I don't have any idea how a monthsary were celebrated. I don't want it to be simple, so I end up planning a celebration with them. We have so much fun that day, so it's worth it"

"Yeah. All of them were teasing you, that you're such a girl, so you just cling to me and focus on me because you don't want them to tease you. Pero mas inasar ka nila kasi ang landi mo daw" natatawang sabi ko sa kanya at inirapan naman niya ako. "What? Totoo naman yung sinabi ko, at sinabi nila. Sating dalawa, mas malandi ka. Napaka-clingy"

"Are you complaining?" he asked while glaring at the plants, because he can't glare to me. I chuckle.

"Of course not. You being clingy is cute" I said and then I saw his ears turned red. "Yiee, kinikilig siya" sabi ko at kiniliti siya sa tagiliran.

"Stop it. This is really your expertise, making me blush. Tss" sabi niya kaya naman natawa ako, tumingin siya sakin at tumawa din. "Where do you want us to date tomorrow?" he asked when we finally rest and started eating our meryenda after gardening.