Chapter 3 - Easy Way Out.

Start from the beginning

We all made our way over there and took a quick glance at the home. Next to it, was a jungle that looked like it never ended. And it was, never ending. We knew that it was, because there were large waters that were extremely far away on the other side. Still, we were on a very very large island. Jaelyn walked over to the front door to attempt to open it, but it was locked. We tried to look through the windows, but there were blinds covering it. After examining the shack for a few moments, we all just gave up and decided to go search for some more shells to eat on the banks of the water.

But what we didn't know, is that there was someone inside. 2 people to be exact.

"Don't you go out there." The older man said to the younger girl inside. "They're gonna have to find their own food like we did."

"Yes sir." The girl whispered behind him.

It was day 2, and the sky was once again pitch black. I along with the rest of the girls hadn't bathed, showered, or brushed our teeth in 48 hours. My teeth felt like someone ran glue across them, when it was the feeling of building tartar. They also tasted salty because of the small snails that i'd been munching on, and my thirst only made the taste worse.

"Do you think that we'll ever make it out of here?" The girl next to me asked.

"I don't know.." I said as I laid on my back, and looked at the sky. I wasn't really in the mood to talk because my stomach literally felt like it was shrinking, and my thirst made my voice raspy as a dog.

"My name is Allison." The girl smiled. "Wanna know my story?"

"Sure." I lied.

"I'm an arsonist." She said in a calm tone.

"You mean......you burn shit for no reason?" I asked as I lifted my head up a little. "Like homes?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know that you can kill people like that?"

"Nah. I make sure that there's no people in the homes first before I set them ablaze."

"Wow. You're fucking insane." I giggled.

Suddenly, we seen a person walk outside of the mobile shack on the beach. We all lifted up and watched her slowly shut the door, then make her way towards the beach. She was clean, her hair was pretty, and she was properly dressed. From her looks, I could tell that they were well taken care of inside of that home. She slowly walked onto the beach as one of the girls walked up to her and smiled.

"Hi!" She cheered as she shook the girls hand. "I'm Jazzy!"

"Ray." The girl from the home smiled. "Are you guys hungry?"

"Yes!" We all chanted as we stood up.

"Shhhh!" Ray said as she put her index finger up, and pulled out then large pan. "I brought some of my dads chunky owl, snail, and potato soup with some bowls. Take some."

One by one, we all took 4 scoops out of the large pans and filled up our bowls. She also gave up some water bottles out of her home, and it was some of the best water I've ever had. It was icy, cold, fresh, and it wasn't salty. We thanked her as we all sat in silence, and devoured our bowls. We drunk all of our water, and we decided to have small talk with each other.

Out of nowhere, we heard a loud growl as something lunged quickly across the jungle. We all jumped and gasped as our eyes bulged, and we looked at each other in complete shock.

"What the fuck was that?" Adrianne jumped as she looked at the girl with the pan.

"Haha. I remember when the tigers used to scare me." Ray Ray laughed.

"Tigers?" We all shouted.

"Yes Tigers." She chuckled. "Trust me. They won't hurt you as long as you don't invade their territory."

That was one of the scariest shit i'd ever heard. Tigers in the jungle on this scary ass island. I've watched tigers on the animal planet and on some other channels at times, but there has never been any that were a few feet away from me. A tiger can maul through an elephant in seconds, so the thought of them even coming close to me made my insides turn.

"Want me to show you guys how to hunt?" Ray Ray smiled.

"No." Half of us chanted.

"Alright then." She shrugged. "When you guys get hungry enough, you'll do it. Trust me. And I won't be able to sneak you food out of my house often. My father won't allow it to happen."

"Look guys, we might as well just do it and learn now." I said in a serious tone. "We're eventually going to have to learn so that we can eat. Agreed?"

Only 3 girls nodded their heads. The other 5 looked at me as if I was a crazy bitch on the street. Ray Ray stood up and made her way in the woods, while me, Adrianne, and another girl followed her. I acted like I was brave and wasn't afraid, but I was shitting out of my shoes. Eventually, the other girls winded up following us also. Ray Ray went inside of the house, grabbed a bow and arrow, and headed into the woods with us.

"Watch out for the small snails with the white foam on them." Ray Ray nodded. "That's poison ivy. If you eat one of those, you'll die in seconds."

"Holy shit." Gabi whispered under her breath. I glanced down at her, and she was shaking uncontrollably. The woods were so large that it almost looked like we weren't on a beach anymore.

Suddenly, a large animal jumped on Allison and tackled her onto the ground. He had her arms pinned down onto the ground as he roared loudly close to her face as we all shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Help me!!!!" Allison screamed as the tiger continued to roar in her face. Suddenly, the tiger froze as he fell onto the side of her. Alyssa stood up and seen the arrow in the back of his neck, indicating that Ray Ray had shot her there. Everyone looked at her, then took a deep breath. My heart was beating so fast that it was hurting my chest with each beat.

"Fuck.." I whispered under my breath.

"I guess this wasn't a good time." Ray Ray laughed as she grabbed the tigers tail. "Somebody grab two sticks so I can drag this tiger to the beach, and show you how to cook it."

Everyone walked back to the beach, and was shaking while they were walking. Ray Ray however, seemed unmoved. Maybe it was because she was used to scary things like this, but I wasn't. I wasn't adjusted to this type of stuff. None of us were. And this was something that we didn't want to get used to.

Allison however, was so shaken up that she appeared unrecognizable. She was crying profusely, and her shoulders were jumping with each sniff. When we were making our way towards the beach, she wasn't walking. She just stood there with her knee's shaking, and her hands shaking as well.

"Are you coming?" One of the girls asked.

"Yeah...I'll catch up with you guys."

We all went to the beach as Ray Ray walked inside of the house to grab a knife, and cut up the tiger. Jaelyn and another girl began to rub the sticks together to start the fire, when Allison finally made it out of the woods. She placed a snail in her mouth, and began to crunch on it as hard as she could without roasting it.

Suddenly, she collapsed on the ground and started having a seizure. One of the girls came over to her and tried to keep her head still by placing it in her lap, but there was no use. When her hands flapped around on the ground, three shells with white foam on it flew out of her hands. The minute the girl seen it, she gasped in complete shock.

"I think she tried to comitt suicide!" Jazzy screamed in fear as she tried to control the shaking girl. "Someone get me a bottle of water!"

Gabi jumped up and handed her a bottle of water to attempt to feed her, but it was no use. Blood was spurting out of her mouth as she closed her eyes while she continued her seizure in the girls lap. Suddenly, the moving, moaning, and groaning stopped. Jazzy, who was holding Allison, gasped as she placed her hand on the side of her neck.

No pulse, no beating, or no other indication that she was alive. She was gone, and it was the first death that I had seen. It was the first one that we'd all seen. And unfortunately, it wouldn't be the last.