Chapter 1 - Flight 89.

I couldn't believe it. I laid in the silky sand and watched the water of the ocean currents splash and circle over the same spots by the wet sand up in the front. I looked up at the sky, and it was pitch black. You could only see a few stars, but it was black. It was silent. It wasn't moving.

I turned over and looked at my friends, all laying in the sand with me. We had nothing warm to use to cover our shivering bodies. But of course we wouldn't have any. We were supposed to arrive in 95 degree hot weather. We were supposed to arrive at a nice hotel in the strip. We were supposed to arrive in Aruba. Not this. Not a stranded area near the beach. Not in a cold part of what was supposed to be one of the hottest countries.

I looked at everyone who were sane and okay. But I knew that by where we were, we weren't going to go anywhere, anytime soon. What I also knew, was that we were normal, for now. We were fine, for now. But that's because the hunger, weakness, or illnesses hadn't set in. We were human beings, but we were soon prone to turn into these monsterous animals.

It started on April 25th, 2008. Spring Break. This was our senior year of high school and we were going out with a bang. At my school, 10 girls were chosen at random to go to a fun filled trip out of the country for a week, including me and my best friend Cierra. We'd became friends because we had the same name, and we remained friends from freshman year, all the way up until the time we went on our flight.

We didn't know the other 8 girls, so we stuck together. The counselor made sure that everyone was at the airport and checked to see that everyone was there and ready. I looked over and noticed that one of the girls was carrying her child with her. "Why is she going on this trip?" Cierra whispered to me as we both chuckled. We looked over at everyone, and seen that they were making their way towards the runway entrance.

It was time.

We were all forced to sit close together so that the counselor wouldn't have no chance at losing us. Not leaving this far out of the country, I thought that there were going to be a little amount of people on the plane. However, I was wrong. There were so many people that I thought that the plane was going to fall the minute we hit take off. The pilot went through the daily instructions and told us that it was going to be a 13 and a half hour flight, so I knew that I was going to be in this seat for a minute. I sat next to Cierra, and the others sat and covered around us. 15 minutes later, the plane finally took off.

"I'm bored already." Cierra moaned.

"So am I." I replied.

Minutes later, one of the girls burst out singing Los Tigrillos - El Camaleon. I was instantly confused.

"Cama Cama Cama Cama Cama Camaleon!" A girl of the 10 people shouted as her friends tagged along.

They sang the song for 5 minutes straight, and I was highly annoyed. But when everyone started singing it, my mood started to brightened a little. I looked over at Cierra, and seen her shouting the song. I gave her a slightly annoyed look as she looked over at me, put on a huge smile, and began to sing it in my ear. I slowly started singing it, then started to sing loud as us and the couselor chimed in and started hollering the song.

"Shhhh!" One of the girls up front who was with us said, putting her index finger near her mouth.

"What?" Another girl chimed in, giving her an attitude.

"SHHH!"

We all got quiet, and listened to what she was silencing us for. Upfront, we heard the pilot talking to one of the airport managers on his walkie talkie. By the tone in his voice, I could tell that something was wrong. Soon the whole front of the plane got silent as we listened to the pilots frightening words.