"Fix me?" Ezra asked.

"So you no longer have your episodes," Domascus smiled.

"What?" Argus looked between us. "What do we have to do?"

"You have to allow Orpheus to fix your mind," Domascus nodded. "He needs to be trained with his new god powers."

"And you'll need to become living once more," I added.

"I- I have my Eltmers if I ever needed it," Argus shook his head. "Ez, did you have a plan?"

Ezra stared at me. "Her."

I nodded. I knew he would require it of me someday. His diary, my crystal ball, and the luck that dripped from Argus' hands. That was all I needed to raise the Great and Glorious Ezra.

"But I'm going to be broken," he hid his face in his hands. "I'm going to be just like I was when I died. You're going to have to trap me because I'm going to try and run."

Argus hugged Ezra close as he cried.

"Levi, you're going to have to do it. I can't." Argus' eyes were sad and sincere.

"That's fine," Domascus shrugged. "I can do it."

"Where will you keep him?"

"The Underworld."

"Can you promise me no harm will come to him?"

"We can't promise anything," I spoke up. "Only that in the end, Orpheus will heal him, and he'll stay with you forever. No less powers but no episodes, no breaks, no grudges held against you. But you'll have to become living too."

"And I'll perform my immortality ceremony for both of you."

"But where will we stay?" Argus said, concerned. "Generations of Gudell have taken my home. Ezra's tower is destroyed."

"The Underworld has plenty of room for you," Domascus offered. "Or you can stay here. But the planet can withhold you once again. Why not walk it?"

"You have to live first," Ezra whispered to Argus. "My spell requires your liquid luck."

"You know that it happens when..." Argus glared.

"Yeah," Ezra let out a small giggle. "I know."

"I'll do what it takes. How long?"

"Thirty days," I nodded.

"You'll have to communicate with my Eltmers," Argus sighed.

"I'm taking care of it," I assured him. "In the meantime, I have a funeral to attend to."

"Hm," Domascaus grinned. "I'm sure my son is about to reach his trials."

"And his fury sparks a thousand fires," I answered.

"It's all coming together as it was meant to be," Ezra whispered. "As grim as it is."

"Life could never be that beautiful," I sighed. "You think a war would be the end of it."

"Until there's another," Ezra nodded.

"I've got it," Argus shifted.

A golden, shimmery portal brought me back to the living world. I set my stuff back on my desk in the proper order.

A knock sounded at the door. 

"Come in," I answered.

Alton opened the door, our baby in his arms. He always seemed much smaller than he really was when he held Teddy. Maybe we felt too young. We had fought in a war for this.

"You're not the knock I was expecting," I hugged him tightly.

"What happened?" Alton shut the door.

The other one sounded with a knock.

"Come in," I said again.

"Miss Nigh," it was one of the kitchen staff. "The body has arrived."

"Thank you," I responded. "Move her to the arena. We'll be hosting her funeral soon."

"Who?" Alton was filled with worry.

"Tia Roscoe," I turned back to him as the door flew shut. "Everything here is falling into place."

"Sweet Titania," Alton whispered. "You would think that we wouldn't have to make children go through what we have."

"It's just how the world works," I took a big breath. "I have to start my preparations."

"Okay," he held Teddy tight. "At least promise me we'll keep him from this kind of thing."

"I hope to," I kissed Teddy's little cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too," Alton hugged me really tight before I left.

What was the point of fighting if it just brought around the same kind of devastation and destruction?