Lothar 2: Unstable Group

Our current transport may be big enough for all of us to travel in, but as a group, our unity is entirely dependent on our size and understanding of each other. Currently, our size is considerable, while our understanding of each other is minimal. Having so many families in one group may cause problems in the future if we are not able to address the problem. Bengelon has already spoken to us about housing the many families in a temporary location, at least until we can find a better location. A lingering doubt also lurks in my mind: was this all really worth it? Will it be worth the trouble? Will the happiness of these poor kids be worth all the trouble everyone else is being put through? Should everyone else have to go through this? I am perfectly happy with giving up my own happiness for the sake of those kids, but was it okay to make such life-altering decisions for everyone else? They were all just following my lead, and now we are all homeless due to my choice. Do I deserve to be the leader of our group? After everything that I have done, why does everyone still consider me a good enough leader to follow? I do not feel worthy of having such a role, not in the slightest. We also have to worry about the possibility of running into a group of Ismilda's agents, which could result in some of us dying. I will not allow for such a thing to happen, I will manoeuvre our group through the country until our tracks have been completely erased. But if Ismilda decides to take a more aggressive approach to obtaining control of Europe, then we might be in danger of being caught in Germany when the Union inevitably declares war on them. Will we be able to evade Ismilda's forces when that happens? Will we be able to reach the border before then? Or will we be caught in the midst of a bloody war for control of Germany? There are many questions that I want answered, and many that I hope are not what I dread them to be. The air outside is becoming too cold for my thoughts to continue as they are, so I will have to return inside. I walk into the bus, and come face-to-face with Thaniel, Erin and Miranda. Miranda looks upon my face with concern.

"were you thinking about the possible situations we could be in, again?" I nod to Miranda, who makes a light sigh to my response. Thaniel places his hand on his chin in response to my words, while Erin just makes a dismissive giggle. Thaniel points to me with a intrigued expression.

"so, what have your thoughts led to today? Have you decided to alter our path again?" I have indeed already directed Henry to take one detour towards the south, so that we can evade a certain concentration of German military forces, an existence which is known far and wide as the Western Line of Germany. But this thought session has not resulted in any desires to alter our path.

"not at the moment, no. we should be able to pass over the border before anything can happen to Germany. We passed through the Danish-German border easily enough, and we should be able to do it the same with Toulouse" Thaniel shows an optimistic grin and looks to Erin, who is playing around with her fingers, most likely because she is bored. Thaniel bends down and points towards the front of the bus, towards where Glinora is speaking with 7I.

"we should go and talk with my sister. Are you coming Lothar?" I nod to Thaniel and follow shortly behind him. Every time I walk from one side of the bus to the other, I can not help but think about just how big our group is. Due to technological advancements, our vehicles do not make much noise, so I can hear everyone talking to each other. For the most part, there does not seem to be any notable information coming out of anyone's mouths, or at least none that I have not already heard. With nothing notable to listen to, I turn my attention outside while we are walking towards the front of the bus. The green towers stretch across the fields, far into the distance, making fresh produce for the entire country. Farm animals are grazing near the fences as we pass by each herd. For all the worries that I have been constantly thinking about, this scenery calms my nerves. But I still know for sure, that I will look back on this moment as a break in the action. Sure, we may be out of the storm now, but Ismilda will inevitably catch up to us, and she will wreak havoc on us when she finds us. We finally reach the front of the bus, where Glinora and her mother, Pria are watching the winding road in-front of us. Glinora turns to us and her expression rapidly changes to a wide smile the moment she sees Erin.