Bengelon 1: Tranquillity

With Valian's location now confirmed, I am working with a few other Bengelons to form a portal into the past to figure out how to help Valian unlock his ability to create a portal back to the present. But at this moment, some of my wives have asked for me to join them in a dungeon to find some new gear. But the drops they are looking for, are mostly beautiful and divine clothing. In our land, many of my partners compete for who looks the best dress. But even though it started out as a way of competing for my attention, now it is more of a friendly competition between the girls. I have been receiving a significant increase in dungeon venture requests lately, so my focus has been shifting and balancing continuously. One of my wives, a black-haired elf, is a combination of her two identities which she had in her world. The two fused together when she asked for me to help her with doing so. She is a half-elf half-human, so while she has her elf ears, she has a rough human face. Her hair leans more towards the long, fair elf length, while her height is shorter than most elves. She had mostly the same traits for the rest of her body, so her medium, slim build did not change much. She has only ever favoured a Katana, so her fighting style is not very adaptable to anything else. But she has become a very powerful fighter, so I can not fault her for that. We have been able to defeat a few powerful monsters today, so we are quite happy with the drops we have received. Since she first came to our world, she has always talked about finding another Katana to duel-wield, hoping that something like that would make her a powerful member of our big family. Everyone in my family aspires to be as strong as me, to stand by my side during the many dangerous missions that Herald sends me on. But I would never allow any of my family to risk their lives just to be with me, so I try to spend all the time I can with them. It troubles me greatly having to think about my fate in the final battle which is approaching. I do not want to die, leaving my family to deal with the grief. There is still so much I want to do with all of my children. While I am in deep thought, my wife, Flora, spots something in the flesh pile left behind from the last enemy we defeated.

"hey Bengelon, look at that shine" Flora brings me out of my deep thought and walks over to the shining beacon of light. Wasting no time, she places her hand into the flesh pile, bloodying her hand. The beacon of light shines brightly, and the item cube explodes into light. Flora brings up her dungeon item interface to retrieve the item. The Dungeon Item Interface, or D.I.I for short, is a device which carries all the items dropped by monsters in the dungeon. Over the hundreds of years, we have built up a overwhelmingly large collection of items. From blades, to guns, to knights armour, to pocket-homes, to pets and sentries. The dungeon that was created so long ago, has provided us with everything we need to hone our skills. But in the last century, the dungeons have become more of a place where I can relax and clear my mind. With my power at a point where only the monsters of the lower dungeon levels can faze me, I no longer have to worry about surprise attacks from monsters. But that does not mean that my partners or children are safe, so I still have to watch out for monsters while they are present. Flora taps the interface and a bright light covers her body. Just from the areas the light is covering, I can determine that the item was clothing. The light falls away from her body, revealing a green dress with gold embroidery, with frills stretching down the skirt, a piece of armour surrounding her neck which seamlessly connects to the rest of the dress. I smile at the sight before me.

"what rating does the D.I.I give for that item?" Flora brings up her interface and taps on some tabs that are pulled up with each consecutive tap. Flora throws over her materialised D.I.I for me to inspect the item. I hold up the description and read through the main identifiers. The item is called a 'Dancing Fairy's Divine Waltz Dress – Green'. I look above the name to see the rating, which gives this item a 'Divine' rating, just as it's name suggests. I turn to Flora, who has already brought up a portable mirror to admire the dress, eager to see her appearance. She turns back to face me.