Lothar 2: The First Trial

The light surrounding my body disappears, the surroundings are becoming more visible. Around me; Beth, Burke, Flaviana and Kalos are standing together, wiping their eyes. So this must be the first trial that I must face with my friends. I guess the trials are going to be sorted by families, but what is going to happen with the test subjects in our group? If this is all family-centred, that would mean that the test subjects are going to be in one trial together, or at least that makes the most sense. Burke looks over our surroundings and scratches his head.

"so this is what the dungeon is like, huh? All the others must be doing their trials now as well. Who would have thought that we would be the ones to have Lothar by our side during the trials" I wonder how each of them are going to react when they all learn I was present for all of their trials. That is, if I am able to survive this.

"I will help to make sure that we all survive this trial" I grip onto my battle axe and draw it from the straps that have been holding it. Beth and her family members respond by drawing their weapons too. Beth is using a bow and arrows, while Burke is using a large war hammer, Kalos is using a short sword and Flaviana is using a hard metal staff. As I turn to look towards the long stretch of the stone corridor in-front of us, a voice reaches us.

"the old fear the envy that is created by the display of their wealth, of which they have abandoned. The young one, like the others you know, wish to be strong like their leader. This girl who witnessed the destruction of that terrible place, wishes to fight by your side, Lothar" turning to Beth, I thought it was obvious that everyone I worked with wishes to stay in the group to help everyone, but her expression says there is more to know. Beth looks away from me, her silver hair shining in the darkness, the luminescent gems embedded into the walls reflecting off her. I look up towards the dungeon ceiling and point my finger towards it.

"what trials do you have planned for us? Dungeon of Trials" we wait in silence for an answer, a cool breeze blowing past my face as a sigh hits me.

"it is as I have already said. Those you are with, will face trials of jealousy, strength and a bond between two who know little of each other. From what I can predict, I am going to be having a lot of trials intended for shaking fragile bonds. Anyway, be ready for your trials, the first has already begun" the voice fades, and the way forward lights up one after the other. The long, straight corridor pushes on, almost endlessly. How far are we going to be walking? Is this trial going to take an eternity to face?

"we do not know how long these trials are going to last, so we should do our best to defeat the dungeon monsters as quickly as we can, without losing anyone. But at the same time, we should be cautious of what the monsters could possibly do as well. This is our first time in the Dungeon of Trials, and we do not know what we might face" I am expecting monsters like Dirt Goblins and Rock Pups, but we might still come across a powerful monster that we could not handle, so we need to be cautious. I take the first steps into the corridor, with everyone else following shortly behind me. Burke and Beth are the closest behind me, with Flaviana and Kalos following shortly behind. Besides the light the gems are providing us, only the torches on the dungeon walls are a source of light. This darkness is giving me an uneasy feeling, as if a monster is going to jump out of the darkness at any moment. Burke taps his war hammer on his shoulder and looks around our surroundings, narrowing his eyes at the spots of darkness.

"I am not sure how powerful our weapons are going to be against the monsters. We were not given information on how rarity works in the dungeons" we are going into this dungeon blind, so of course we would not know the details of the weapons, rarities and what we could possibly find down here. But I do agree with Burke, we could have at least been given some information on the higher ranking rarities.