Chapter 4: First Confrontation

The sun shines through the trees while I sit with Alice, Felicity, 7P, 12Z and 11O. We are currently enjoying some peace before we face off against the agents of Ismilda. This might be the only remaining chance we will have to enjoy being friends. Our futures all hinge on the outcome of this fight. Alice brings her teacup to her mouth and sips her drink.

"this is quite the relaxing gathering we have. I am so happy that we are able to enjoy this moment while it lasts" I feel the same way. We have all become close friends due to our circumstances, but our friendships will become ever-more natural as we stay together. We are sitting on a hill that is towering over the trees of the forest, which surround the bottom of the hill. We can see every corner of the forest from here. The breeze is gentle on our faces, making the break from training even more relaxing. There are birds flying over the forest, near the shining sun, which is slowly starting to set on the horizon. The green grass below our feet is comfortable on our toes as we move our feet along the ground. This is the calm before the storm, which is something that we should not take for granted. 12Z stands up from her spot on the grass and walks over to me, where she sits beside me.

"17C, I want to thank you again for giving me this chance. You were the only one there for me when I needed help. You saved me twice, even though I helped the soldiers capture you and bring you to the facility. I promise that I will never leave your side, I want to do everything I can to help you. You helped me, you gave me a second chance, and I will never forget that. No matter what happens, I will always be by your side, even when all hope is lost, I will be with you" I am still unsure of how I feel about 12Z. I want to forgive her, but I still am uncertain if I should or not. I am giving her a second chance, but that does not mean that I forgive her. I am happy that she wants to stay with the group and help me though. I place my hand on 12Z's shoulder and smile to her.

"I am happy that you have decided to stay with us. Please do not blame yourself for what happened, there was nothing you could have done that could have made a difference. I will find it hard to forgive you, due to being associated with Ismilda and my capture, but I will not blame you for what happened" I do not mean that truthfully. I want to be sincere, but my parents are still dead, and I was deceived by 12Z. I still want to believe that there was a way of saving my parents. Despite what I said, 12Z has tears in her eyes and lunges at me, embracing me for whatever reason.

"thank you for being there for me 17C. It might not mean much to you, but could you please call me Kira?" her real name, Kira. It brings back the memories of deception and suffering for me. But if this will help me on my path to forgiving 12Z, then I will call her by her real name.

"alright, I will call you by your real name, Kira" tears continue to fall down Kira's cheeks as she sobs, while still embracing me. I look to Alice and 7P, who are looking at Kira with faces of mixed emotions. I do not know why they are showing such faces, but I should return my attention to Kira. Kira looks up to me with a face of happiness.

"I promise that I will never let you down. I will do my best, I will try my hardest for you" I smile at Kira again and shake my head to her.

"that is not necessary. As long as you are here, in the group, everything will be fine" Kira closes her eyes and smiles, resting beside me. I turn to 11O, who has a gentle smile on his face, with his eyes nearly closed. I do not understand what this atmosphere is, but if it helps everyone before the fight, then I am happy with it. Felicity has an expression of confusion on her face. It seems that I am not the only one who does not completely understand what is happening. The clouds roll across the sky as the sun begins to turn pink. The night of the fight is fast approaching, and we need to be ready for what ever happens. But we might as well enjoy this while we can, since we never know what will happen next. 11O walks up to me and sits on my other side.