Lothar 5: Marie's Family

Fortunate for us, we have been able to reunite with Burke and Flaviana. Now Beth's family is united once more. I have yet to put on the armour which the monster dropped during the previous fight. I am happy that we have been able to complete these trials without anyone dying. Now all there is left to do, is to brace for the easily predictable teleportation which is sure to happen any moment now. Though only I am going to be anticipating it, so I do not know what is going to happen if we are in the middle of a discussion. I guess I can try to find out. I turn to Burke, because I still have some questions about what he did during the North American Unification Wars.

"Burke, you were called the 'Village Wiper' during those wars you took part in. Out of all you friends who fought alongside you, why were you given that title? Were you really that bad?" Burke makes a dark face and looks down towards the ground as we walk further.

"I wish we would not need to discuss this, but it appears that we need to. I was indeed the worst in terms of the many crimes I committed, and the number of which were my responsibility. After those cursed wars ended, I began to have nightmares of those people every night. The faces they wore as they looked at me, it was too much for me to bare. I regret everything that I did back then, and there is no possible way to forgive me for those evil acts. That is why I am going to do everything I can to redeem myself, if that is even remotely possible. I am willing to lay down my life if it means good people living instead of me, I will do anything to earn even a single pinch of forgiveness from those who I made suffer. I will admit that we knew what we were getting ourselves into, so there is no reason for me to blame the people of 'The USA' for what my friends and I suffered through. I will never forgive myself, but I do hope that one day, they will be able to forgive me. I accept all the suffering that is going to be inflicted upon me wh-" Burke vanishes into darkness, and in his place, Scott appears. I have not spoken to him for some time since we took Marie's parents out of their home. Marie and Amira are also standing next to him. I was very interested in hearing Burke's story, and I have been caught off-guard, even though I was expecting it. Scott raises one eyebrow to me due to my expression being one of sharp interest, rather than surprise.

"Lothar, do you know if there is a reason why we were lucky enough for you to be chosen to be alongside us? It seems you know something that we don't, you are not surprised by this situation at all" I am going to keep with my original decision, and not tell them about how I am going to be taking part in every trial. But how am I going to explain the chest plate? I am going to hope that they do not notice.

"it appears that the dice has rolled in your favour this time around. I will do my best to ensure that our trials are successful" Scott smirks to me and lifts his thumb up in approval. Marie steps in-between the two of us to speak.

"do we know how these trials are going to happen?" with my experience that I have had with Beth's family, I should be able to describe it accurately.

"if I were to make a prediction, I would say that we are going to face our trials one by one. We are likely going to be separated from each other during this time-" a familiar voice reaches my ears, but it isn't from Scott, Marie or Amira. I turn around to see that Flaviana is standing behind us.

"Lothar, it seems that we have been teleported to where the Louise family is doing their trials. It is strange to see that they have yet to begin theirs" this could be really bad. If these three are able to figure out what is happening, I might be confronted by them as they call me a liar. Marie turns to Flaviana and quickly turns back to me.

"wait, but you just said that we were lucky to have you here. Does that not imply that we were the only ones you have been with? Why is Flaviana speaking as if you have been helping her with hers, or even saying that you helped Beth's whole family with theirs first" it seems that there is nothing I can do to stop this.