Chapter 7: The Obvious Angel

I fell very deep down into the dungeon, and every moment since then has been a fight for my survival. I am hoping that Alice has not run into any real danger while I have been trapped down in these lower levels. Though I would really appreciate some help down here. Hopefully she will have something that can heal me from all the life-threatening wounds I have suffered while being trapped in what I can only consider to be a true version of hell. Honestly, my arms are almost disconnected from my shoulder, while my eyes have been nearly torn out on a few occasions. My legs are carved up and almost shattered, while my chest has a few stab wounds from the silent assassins known as Whisper Knights. I just hope that I am gaining something from this. Each set of stairs leading up to the next level of the dungeon fills me with relief every time I find one. I am no longer sure how far down I have fallen, or how far I have ascended. I only know that I am trapped in the lower levels, and that I will die soon if I do not find Alice. Though even if I do find her, I am not sure I will survive even then. Was everything really supposed to turn out this way? There is a real likelihood that I will die in this cursed hell. The dungeon rumbles around me with a scathing sigh.

Your true selves will be released in these trials. You will be surprised to hear that the first trial has already started. Though I was hoping that you would fair better, beggars can't be choosers. So now the spirit can at least confirm that everything I have gone through so far has been contributing to my trial, or maybe it is even Alice's. I shout out to the spirit.

"is this trial supposed to be for me, or Alice? If it is supposed to help Alice, it is possible that she may acquire a healing power?" the voice does not respond, but the walls around me begin to rumble and crumble. I ready my sword for the fight, but I can barely lift it with my lack of strength. A large part of the wall closest to me bursts open, revealing a large humanoid reptile creature holding a whip. I leap back to avoid any initial attacks, but I can hear some more crumbling in the walls behind me. I turn back for a quick glance, only to see that there are two additional creatures standing on each side of a strange female figure. From that quick glance, I know that I do not have a chance at fighting all four of these dungeon monsters at the same time. A feminine voice sighs from behind me, the place I leapt away from, where the three monsters just spawned from the wall.

"that damn dungeon spirit gave me the choice of dying or resigning my fate to someone else for an eternity. So yeah, I am going to reject that reality and kill you instead. With the help of these monsters, I will kill you" a swift breeze brushes against the back of my neck, and carve into my back before I can even react. I jump forward to try and avoid any more strikes from whichever monster just struck me, but the feminine monster appears in-front of me and stops me from moving. Now that I can get a clearer look at the monster, she has dog ears and a long silver tail, but seems human everywhere else. I drag my sword up to meet her blade so that she can't strike me again. So she can not keep me in place for the other monsters to attack my vulnerable back, I have to provoke her.

"if you are going to kill me, take me out somewhere nice first, I mean, I don't even know you name now, do I?" the dog girl grunts and grits her teeth.

"you can call me Naldrika Wolfe, Valian Cunroe. And just like every other monster in this dungeon, my purpose is to kill you" I can't help but laugh at the not-so-subtle name she has.

"Wolfe, huh? Where is your sidekick, Miss Catt?" Naldrika narrows her eyes at me, the rage burning from the surface of her pupils.

"do not taunt my name! I was given my name by the dungeon as I was born into this world. I will not allow you to insult the only thing I have in my life!" Naldrika unleashes a series of strikes with her blade, which is exactly what I wanted. I jump back towards an area where I know that is clear of any of the other three monsters. Naldrika's blade, or blades as I should call them, are a set of five connected to a large gauntlet that has the appearance of a dog's paw. With a moment of avoiding her deadly attacks, I gain enough ground to avoid the dangers of the other monsters. Now I can face this girl alone, for the time being. But I will not have long before those monsters reach us and try to kill me. I must once again bait her into attacking me, so that I can counter and strike her down quickly.