Chapter 2: A Late Night Discussion

It was getting uncomfortable in the large bed that Kira, Alice, Merimo and I had to share. But it was only becoming uncomfortable because of how each of them were cuddling up to me. So now I am walking around the palace to find a nice balcony to use for deep thought. I was able to have a nice rest at least, these past few days have been very exhausting for us. I would have been able to get more rest if Merimo had not kicked me in the face while we were sleeping. But since I am now up, I am going to think on what tomorrow morning might hold for us. Just from looking around as I walk through the palace, I can tell that there are many places that I can use to retreat into my mind. After everything that I have had to face, I am concerned with what I could possibly face in that dungeon. I turn the corner, finding a set of doors with one on each side of me. The one in the middle, in-front of me is open already, so I will walk into that one as to not risk finding something unexpected behind the other two. The sight beyond the door fills me with relief and joy, it is a balcony! Here, I will be able to fall into deep thought and create solutions for any possible situation that could possibly happen in the dungeon. I walk up to the balcony and lean onto the railing, my clothes are worn and torn in some places, mostly due to the battles we have fought up til now. I hope that we get some good gear during our trials, perhaps we might be given some good clothing or even outfits. I wonder if mine will be something which gives me the appearance of someone cool and heroic. I am starting to lose my trail of thought already, I should start thinking about the monsters that we could encounter in the dungeon. Or since I have time to, I could think back on how my life was, before I was kidnapped. There are many reasons I am sad that it happened, and there are also some reasons I believe I should accept that it had to happen for me to meet my new family. But I lost my mother and father, and there is no way for me to bring them back, is there? Should I be be accepting of my happiness from meeting everyone in my new family? Or should I return to mourning my mother and father? It feels very wrong for me to have positive emotions when it has not even been a month since they have passed. I cannot help but slam my fist onto the balcony in frustration. I hate this! But I am also happy that I was able to make new friends, and find a new family. Which way should I go? Must I cloud my mind with their loss, or disregard the grief I have for their deaths? Am I okay? Why do I even remotely feel justified in being happy at this moment? I don't want to remember that my parents are dead, but I need to. In order for things to move forward, I must confront those feelings that I hold deep inside my soul, the emotions which I have been holding in since I was first kidnapped. I clench both of my fists in anticipation, and grit my teeth, opening my mouth up wide.

"damn it all! What kind of hell is this!? Why must I lose those I hold most dear, in order to gain a new family!? What kind of sick game is this!? And why must I play a part in it!?" I have lost control, my rage has taken over, my anger is being directed towards myself. I grip firmly onto the balcony railing with both of my hands, and bring my head down onto the railing, creating a strong impact dent on the stone railing and making a bleeding wound on my forehead. I do not want to be here, I do not want to be a part of this world. I just want to go back to the way things were. What kind of sick world am I living in now!? Is there some kind of sick joke that the gods are currently playing against me!? Is this some kind of entertainment for those powerful beings!? A calm voice reaches my ears.

"I, along with Bengelon, would prefer if you did not die before or even after your trials I the dungeon" I turn around to face the man who has entered the open room,. The blood coming down my forehead is now blocking one of my eyes, but I can still see what this man looks like. The man has a pair of glasses and an appearance of an old man. He is holding a book in each of his hands, and a wise beard on his face.

"who are you?" the man moves both of the books into his coat and looks back up to me, adjusting his glasses and walking over towards me. Even though I am leaning back against the rail to maintain some distance between us, he manages to place his hand on my wound. A green glow covers my face, and blocks out my vision. As I regain my vision, I can notice that the pain where the wound is, is now gone. I place my hand onto the wound to feel it, but it is no there. I look back to the man, who makes a calm sigh.