Lothar 1: The Leader's Trial

Bengelon leaps out from the ground once more, not creating a hole like one would expect. Bengelon leans back without falling and clicks his fingers, pointing towards the large oversized door we are standing near.

"now that everything is settled with my other guest, we can begin the real introduction of what this dungeon is designed to do" Emily raises her hand and speaks out.

"can we hear more about this other guest first?" Bengelon lifts his finger up and swings it from side to side in a dismissive tone. Bengelon turns to face the door and looks up to the top, where a symbol glows.

"the other group has their own destiny. Right now, all you should be concerned with, is just how dangerous this dungeon of mine is going to be" if Bengelon says so, I guess I am just going to have to listen to him. Thaniel raises his hand and points towards the dungeon door.

"how long are we going to be stuck in this dungeon for? Will we need to bring some food as supplies during our expedition?" Bengelon shakes his head and looks up towards the doorway.

"you will find all the food you will need while inside the dungeon. Whether it be from monster drops, chest loot, or foraging in the dungeon. You will find just how valuable these dungeons are once you are exploring inside of them. I have already projected that you should be out of the dungeon in two days from now. Those of your group who wish not to remain in your world, will be coming with me to stay in the palace. Once you have found a place that you would consider safe enough to live in, they will be able to return to your group. For now, you have to improve and obtain items from this dungeon, items which will help you on your journey in your world" I am thankful that Bengelon is doing all of this for us. But I do not know why he is helping us so much.

"Bengelon, why are you helping us so much? From what I can see, we are just a liability at the moment" Bengelon looks to me and waves for me to come over.

"Lothar, if I may be able to have a word with you?" I nod to Bengelon and follow him away from my group. Bengelon stops just behind one of the dungeon doorways, which appear to have nothing connected behind them when looking from the side. I look back to Bengelon from the doorway.

"what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Bengelon steps towards me and places his left hand on my right shoulder as we face each other.

"the Dungeon of Trials has a unique feature when a group enters all at once. I thought that now was the best time to tell you about it" from the name, it will put each of us in our own unique trial, but what else can it do?

"and what is this feature that you wanted to tell me about?" Bengelon lifts his hand up and points out towards the Dungeon of Trials doorway a small distance from us.

"the group leader will be present during each group member's trial. Since the wait would possibly be excruciatingly long, the idle group members are frozen in time until their trial is ready to be faced alongside their group leader. Since you will be facing off against so many powerful enemies during your time in this dungeon, you will obtain one piece of gear with every trial you face with your friends. While everyone else will be gaining three pieces of gear from their trials, you will be gaining as much as you do have group members. Since your group is so large, I can already tell that you are going to find some strong gear" great, so I am going to be at the most risk of dying I this dungeon? I suppose that will all depend on how well I fight. But now that Bengelon has mentioned something about strong gear, he has my interest.

"you just said something about finding good gear in this dungeon. What exactly are you talking about?" Bengelon's lips curl and a smirk stretches across his face.

"one of the reasons why I call these 'Infinity Dungeons', is because they have unlimited possibilities when it comes to what you fight, and what you will find. And I mean literally anything can be found in the dungeons if you look hard enough, if you spend enough time in them. Anything from godly items to monster girls can be found here. From unique powers that can be absorbed or injected into your body can be found here. Weapons of all varieties can be found here; from swords, to guns to hacks-hell, even implants and supernatural abilities can be found here. That is why the dungeons can be so addicting for many, since the possibilities are endless" even though I feel like I am very likely to die in this dungeon, I can not help but feel that I am excited at the prospect of what I could find during the trials. But the thing is, how am I going to be able to tell if the gear I get is good?