Maxamillion 1: Before the Treaty

Some troubling news has just reached us. On the television in front of us, the news anchor is reporting on the fall of Copenhagen. I am sitting beside 12S, who has an aura of absolute hatred for the Union and it's victory. Most of the members of our group feel the same way about the Union and the great danger it not only poses to us, but also the rest of the world. If the Danish forces decide to surrender and sign a treaty, we will be out in the open, vulnerable to being detained by Danish forces loyal to the Union. As we pass by some bunkers and armoured vehicles on the side of the road, I can see many of the soldiers looking at portable televisions with dead stares. The entire country appears to be defeated now. But I can not be too sure by going off the sights of a few battalions giving up. Soon, we will reach the border. And when we do, we will pass through into Germany and head south to decide whether we should go through the dangerous German-Greek-Austrian borders, or go through the Papal territories. That decision will have to be made when we reach Southern Germany though, since we will not know the state of each Empire until then. Greece is close to fighting Sistan, while the Papal State is just close to the point of collapse. The only country that does not have too much against it, would have to be Toulouse. We might have to head for the Alsace area within Toulouse. 14B slams his fist on the table.

"we can not be caught in Denmark when they sign that treaty. We need to reach the border and sneak across before then" as always, time is not on our side. If we do not reach the border before the treaty is signed, we will be known to Ismilda, as will our location. If we were to run into any more agents of Ismilda, we would have to be very mindful of their weapons and if their blades have trackers built into them. The news anchor continues speaking about the situation.

"there is still a solid front line for this war. Copenhagen may have been lost, but the war for Denmark and sovereignty is still ongoing. If this war was to have a defining name, it would be a war of slavery, of annihilation. The Danish people are depending on their heroes who are out there, defending our country from the rule of someone like Ismilda, who is turning out to be more of a tyrant than we could have ever expected. We will bring more information out as the war progresses, we will see you again soon" the news show ends, and 12S turns the television off. Our troubles are only just beginning, soon there will be another conflict which will put us into danger. It will stay this way until Ismilda can catch all of us. This is why we need to train up, otherwise we will never be able to stand against Ismilda and defeat her. All over the world, tensions are only escalating. We are definitely going to see a chaotic world engulfed in war, slowly being taken over by Ismilda and her Union. Soon her Scandinavian Union will become the European Union, which will then become the Union of Europe and Africa, which will finally become the World Union. If we reach that point, we will not stand a chance against Ismilda and her large army. There is one person among us right now who is emitting a deadly and hostile aura. 12Z is still filled with rage and wrath over the death of 17C. I should probably speak to her about using that anger to help the group, rather than isolating herself and shutting out the rest of our group. Right now, we have to reach a safe place to hide, but 12Z is not helping while she is being consumed by her sea of sadness and mourning. Before I speak to 12Z though, I should speak with Endo, who is still driving the bus for us. I stand up and walk up to the driver's seat. Endo sees me out of the corner of his eye, and turns to speak with me.

"16M, what do you need?" Endo returns his attention to the road for the moment, while he waits for me to tell him what I have come to talk about.

"how long do you expect we can go before we need to refuel?" Endo looks at the fuel gauge and taps the dial to see if it is displaying the correct volume. He turns to me with a relieved face.

"with our current fuel tank, we should be able to pass through the German border and reach halfway towards either the Toulouse or Austrian border. It will all depend on which way you choose to go, that will determine where we stop to get fuel" I look ahead of us, where more encampments and defences have been set up, in anticipation for a battle with the Union forces.